As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Team
At Kraken, we aim to shape the future of decentralized applications, providing the tools to control your finances, discover and trade crypto assets while leveraging the most secure platform in the industry. As part of this mission, the Web3 team is tasked with exploring this uncharted territory and will be building new products that are foundational to all users and developers of decentralized applications.
About the Role
We’re looking for exceptional Senior Frontend Engineers to work on our React Native mobile applications. You’ll be joining a fully remote team within the Kraken Engineering department and your success on this team will be measured by your contributions to its pursuit of perfection both from a product feature and engineering architecture perspective, thus a strong team player mindset is required. You would be working on a wide range of projects for new Web3 developments, integrating 3rd party services and leveraging Kraken’s infrastructure to support all Web3 experiences. In this role, you will be working closely with product, design, and the rest of engineering to craft top-class UX.
You must possess excellent technical knowledge and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of important work, seek what is best for Kraken and its success, create new and useful ideas, make time to help colleagues, challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches, admit mistakes freely and openly, treat people with respect even if you’re in disagreement with them, and above all provide frequent candid corrective feedback to your teammates. At Kraken we strongly believe that high performance teams filled with stunning colleagues is a core foundation of success in software development and we require all our engineers to embody that mindset.
Our preferred tech stack consists of ReactJS for web and React Native for mobile powered by backend services using Typescript. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection and completion is required. To succeed in this role, you will need excellent technical knowledge and the ability to accomplish amazing amounts of important work, have a self-starter attitude and great communication skills to stay aligned with global teammates. You challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches, admit mistakes freely and openly, treat people with respect even if you’re in disagreement with them, and above all provide frequent candid corrective feedback to your teammates. At Kraken we strongly believe that high performance teams filled with stunning colleagues is a core foundation of success in software development and we require all our engineers to embody that mindset.
Web3 is one of hottest topics in the cryptocurrency industry and this opportunity will provide you the ability to work on the cutting edge with our team of subject matter experts!
- Building mobile applications on iOS and Android devices
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to understand business needs
- Contribute to different aspects of the front-end development lifecycle from the writeup of technical specifications in the form of RFCs, to feature development and testing.
- Integrating 3rd party APIs and leveraging Kraken’s backend infrastructure.
- Own the deployment, maintenance and monitoring of the products
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Coordinating with teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure
- Lead cross-team projects by structuring work and managing stakeholder’s expectations, providing status updates, flagging risks and blockers proactively
- Contribute and advocate engineering best practices, including, but not limited to, code reviews, addressing technical debt and improvements on code quality and overall efficiency
- 3+ years of professional experience working with React Native
- Track record building Mobile applications
- Deep knowledge of modern client side state management solutions and mobile rendering performance techniques and components lifecycle
- Experience both with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience working on complex enterprise systems, or proven ability to successfully deliver a greenfield product
- Passion for Software Engineering and Crypto
- 6+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- Experience with Objective-C / Swift (iOS) or Kotlin (Android)
- Experience working in Fintech, Web3 or a related field
- Familiarity with NFT standards and blockchain technology
- Knowledge of backend engineering and design principles behind distributed and scalable applications
- Experience building backend services in languages such as TypeScript or Rust