Senior Executive Assistant, Technical Strategy and Execution [Remote Eligible]
cruise US Remote Full-time 2022-07-29
We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
We are hiring a Senior Executive Assistant to support senior leaders in our Technical Strategy and Execution org.
Our ideal candidate will thrive in our innovative, fast-paced, and growing organization, expanding their skills and abilities in pace with the company.
We're looking for someone who will succeed in the technical side of our business and help to cultivate connectivity across the department, driving efficiency, and bringing productivity to the next level.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding of the priorities and objectives of your leader and their teams
- Create presentation materials
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate, and lead various meetings, functions, and events including quarterly retreats and team-building offsites
- Act as gatekeeper, time-advocate, and liaison for Executive
- Handle multiple requests for Executive’s time, applying strong decision-making skills in handling priority of requests, raising as necessary for resolution
- Handle a very dynamic and ever-changing calendar and schedule
- Lead team meetings, team calendars, and team Slack channels
- Help support cross-functional alignment within the Cruise organization
- Act as a team point person: handle team requests, problem-solve, and assist with keeping the team on-track and organized
- Help create and maintain communication within the team and broader org
- Help drive recruitment and hiring in partnership with executive
- Be a culture-contributor: oversee department culture initiatives, track, highlight, and celebrate important team cultural/career moments
- Adapt to a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience in a fast-moving technology or engineering organization
What you must have:
- 4-5 years of related work experience and general knowledge within Eng/Product organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of G-Suite
- Confident self-starter that can take a task and run with it with limited supervision from executive
- Able to anticipate problems and/or needs of your executive and proactively offer solutions and make recommendations
- Acute attention to detail
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Creative problem solver able to think outside the box
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex meetings and designing scalable operating cadences
- Availability to perform job duties outside of normal business hours, when necessary
- Comfortable adapting to a fast pace working environment
- Genuine passion for culture, events, and organizational engagement
- Project Management Expertise
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.