Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager to build up and lead a team of engineers within Workplace IT. This leader will be responsible for the Workplace IT assets we use day in and day out, focused on researching, purchasing, and integrating the future strategy of our assets we use at Fanatics Betting and Gaming. The Sr. Manager will be an expert technologist with experience in hardware selection, integrating a refresh plan, and core business solutions that drive our business forward. This leader will also be well engaged in new growth business opportunities, setting standards, and new build construction projects.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
● Define and execute the hardware strategy and CS policies for all of FBG, ensuring successful deployment, adoption, and communication of technologies across the company in order to enable our rapid growth.
● Owns the hardware strategy and Customer Service best practices that drive our business forward.
● Drives the new business growth of our organization, which will include project planning, execution, and hyper care of new location buildouts.
● Build, lead, and grow successful IT teams through recruiting and growing great talent.
● Manage project deliverables and responsibilities, vendor selection, contract negotiation, budgets, and will be the lead subject matter expertise on all applications.
● Ensure that IT projects are delivered on time and within scope by working closely with stakeholders and developing detailed project plans to track progress.
● Lead an employee-facing IT Support organization inspired to achieve the highest levels of customer service and employee satisfaction.
What skills are important to us:
● 10+ years of IT experience and 5+ years of IT leadership experience
● Experience working in a high-growth tech start-up
● Experience hiring, managing, and leading a team of IT professionals
● Experience comparing, selecting, and maintaining end user hardware equipment.
● Experience with managing new construction projects that may include hardware, and other systems such as AV, CCTV, and building security systems.
● Knowledge of Information Security best practices.
● Proven track record of automating system deployments with ZTE (zero touch enrollment) in mind.
● Experience with implementing business continuity and disaster recovery programs
● Expertise in managing external vendors, procurement, and budgets.
● Expert on corporate managing assets through cloud-based IT systems and MDM best practices.
● Ability to juggle multiple projects with a stellar track record of managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
● You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.