Fanatics is building a leading global digital sports platform to ignite and harness the passions of fans and maximize the presence and reach for hundreds of partners globally. Optimizing these long-standing partnerships, a database of more than 80 million global consumers and a trusted, recognizable brand name, Fanatics is expanding beyond its position as a global leader for licensed sports merchandise to now becoming a next-gen digital sports platform, featuring an array of offerings for fans across the sports ecosystem.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Candy Digital, a digital collectibles company that is partnering with prominent sports properties, including MLB and MLBPA, to build an official NFT ecosystem; Fanatics Collectibles, through Topps as a cornerstone of the business, building a new model for the collectibles and trading cards hobby with top leagues and players association partners; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform. Fanatics’ partners include all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA) and hundreds of collegiate and professional teams, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs.
As a market leader with more than 9,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager to build up and lead a team of engineers within Workplace IT. This leader will be responsible for the Workplace IT tools we rely on as an organization, focused on integrating, maintaining, and the future strategy of our tools we use at Fanatics Betting and Gaming. The Sr. Manager will be an expert technologist with experience in SSO, security tools, cloud-based IT and core business solutions that drive our business forward.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
● Define and execute the strategy for all of FBG’s IT functions, ensuring successful adoption of technologies across the company, while also focusing on automating processes in order to enable our rapid growth.
● Own all IT functions, including the following: Google Workspace, Okta, Jira, MDM (both Mac and Windows), and other corporate solutions that drive our business forward.
● Build, lead, and grow successful IT teams through recruiting and growing great talent.
● Manage project deliverables and responsibilities, vendor selection, contract negotiation, budgets, and will be the lead subject matter expertise on all applications.
● Ensure that IT projects are delivered on time and within scope by working closely with stakeholders and developing detailed project plans to track progress.
● Lead an employee-facing IT Support organization inspired to achieve the highest levels of customer service and employee satisfaction.
What skills are important to us:
● 10+ years of IT experience and 5+ years of IT leadership experience
● Experience working in a high-growth tech start-up
● Experience hiring, managing, and leading a team of IT professionals
● Experience managing an IDP (Okta), OS X (Jamf Pro), and a Google Workspace environment
● Knowledge of Information Security best practices and focus on standardization across platforms.
● Expertise in managing external vendors, procurement, and budgets
● Experience managing corporate applications, specifically Salesforce and/or UltiPro.
● Expert understanding of cloud-based IT systems.
● Ability to juggle multiple projects with a stellar track record of managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
● You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
● Proven track record of maturing and automating IT systems and processes (i.e.. employee onboarding/offboarding, software provisioning, etc)
● Experience with implementing business continuity and disaster recovery programs