Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Product Operations & Strategy team is responsible for partnering with Product and Engineering leaders and working cross-functionally to launch new products, scale the organization effectively, and address new business opportunities.
The Director of Product Pricing and Strategy will partner closely with our Product GMs, Finance and GTM leaders to develop and drive critical pricing initiatives across the company. The candidate will also own the holistic pricing strategy and roadmap across our product lines.
The ideal candidate brings extensive B2B pricing experience, and a unique blend of strong problem solving, operational, execution and strategic skills. They are the kind of person who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, and is passionate about delivering results.
In this role, you will:
- Own holistic pricing strategy (e.g, tiering, packaging)
- Deliver on key pricing initiatives across product groups and the company
- Build and own ongoing monitoring of key pricing metrics (e.g., average sales price, discounts, volume)
- Drive step change improvements in our pricing operations (e.g., SKU creation process, feature fencing)
- Develop a strong understanding of our products and how they create value for our customers
- Identify, develop and execute on pricing initiatives that align with overall product priorities
- Develop a trusted relationship with product and cross-functional leaders, and become the go-to thought partner on pricing related topics for both new and existing products
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 10+ years of work experience in pricing, consulting or B2B SaaS companies, with 4+ years of pricing experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a passion for turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to structure translate complex analysis into easily digestible insights for a variety of audiences
- Ability to build strong relationships, lead discussions and enable decision making with senior cross-functional stakeholders
- Passionate about developing a deep understanding of our products and how they create value for our customers
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to execute on large, cross-functional processes and initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity and is a self-starter
An ideal candidate also has:
- Demonstrated skills in SQL, Tableau is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.