Senior Director, Partnerships, Web3 and Gaming Ecosystem
circle New York City - will also consider remote in US Full-time 2022-07-28
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a senior leader on the Americas Revenue Team reporting to the VP, Americas, you will be responsible for building and managing Circle’s go to market strategy and execution spanning the full Web3 ecosystem including but not limited to: L1 blockchains, Gaming projects, Crypto Exchanges, Consumer Wallets, DeFi protocols and DAOs. You will staff and organize a team responsible for architecting first-of-kind deals and managing long-term strategic relationships. You and your team will be laser focused on expanding the footprint for USDC and Circle’s Platform offering – in this capacity, you will:
- Set the strategy for the team by collaborating with cross functional stakeholders spanning Revenue, Product, Marketing and Finance leadership to name a few.
- Own the commercial go-to-market effort including customer segmentation, shaping and refining value propositions and ultimately defining the engagement model and commercial approach to partnering with the ecosystems surrounding leading blockchains.
- Be responsible for informing product priorities including validation of market assumptions, driving trial and usage of new features and products and ultimately collaborating to ensure Circle’s products meet and exceed the needs of our customers / deliver best-in-class product-market fit.
- Create the partnership and alliances approach centered on distribution, activation and growth of Circle’s core infrastructure that will drive trial, activation and usage of USDC.
- Be responsible for taking new products and features from early-stage ideation through to market validation and scale across the ecosystem.
- Drive all commercial activity including sourcing, commercial negotiations through to POCs and pilots that result in step-change adoption and usage of Circle’s core infrastructure.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Strong understanding of multi-party ecosystem partnerships including zero:one product development.
- Proven track record of negotiating first-of-kind partnerships that require cross-functional collaboration and have resulted in step-change usage and adoption of B2B and/or B2B2C products.
- 15+ years experience in a business development or product enablement role at a fintech or top-tier Web3 organization.
- Proven ability to lead BD and Sales teams through the early stages of a product lifecycle.
- Deep subject matter expertise in Payments and/or strong working knowledge of Web3 ecosystem.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.