At Alma, we’re making it easier for people to access high quality, affordable mental health care by supporting providers in building thriving private practices. We believe that when therapists have better resources, they’re able to provide better care to their clients. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Our product experience is designed to empower people in their search for mental health care, offering multiple pathways and individualized support, if and when someone needs it. Alma has raised funding from incredible investors like Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, and First Round Capital, and was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Health in 2020.
Senior Director of Engineering
We are looking for our first Senior Director of Engineering to join our team and help drive Alma’s technology strategy. As a member of the Engineering leadership team and reporting to the CTO, this person will lead engineering efforts for all Alma’s platform (infrastructure and support), data, and IT teams, and will be responsible for helping to build scalable products, teams, and processes.
The Senior Director of Engineering will lead a team of four Engineering Managers and help guide them in the growth and expansion of their teams, all the while standardizing best practices across the organization. The ideal candidate must have technical and operational chops working across teams to achieve objectives and execute projects, especially as the organization considers new products and categories.
What you’ll do:
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking and motivated Engineering Managers who have high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set goals and direction for the team, anticipating strategic and company scaling challenges via thoughtful long-term planning. All of these teams you will oversee are new and you will be building (some from scratch).
- Partner with the Director of Recruiting and your team to lead the recruiting process, hiring, and onboarding strategy to grow and scale the team.
- Take lead in building out the future organizational structure from entry level through senior leadership within your areas of the engineering team.
Who you are:
- You have 7-10 years of engineering experience, with 5+ years of combined tech leadership and people management.
- You have a demonstrable history of managing platform/infrastructure teams in engineering orgs over 100 engineers
- You’ve previously led and/or managed a team of 3 or more Engineering Managers or Senior Managers
- You are a coach, a mentor, and an advocate to individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise.
- You possess a clear and engaging communication style with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad diverse organization.
- You can comfortably communicate technical details with people outside of engineering.
- You feel a passion for Alma's mission – to improve the experience of therapy for providers and their clients, and simplify access to care.