Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data — globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we're expanding into some of the world's strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Director to lead the development and management of Circle’s Global KYC Program as well as Circle’s Sales and Marketing Compliance Program. As a leader within the second line of defense Compliance team, you will develop the respective programs and lead compliance efforts through the end-to-end customer and product lifecycle. You will work with business and compliance/risk peers to provide timely guidance and advice, and ensure that the relevant controls are in place and properly maintained as to meet the relevant regulations in the jurisdictions in which Circle operates.
What you'll work on:
- Owning the end-to-end global KYC strategy, including risk-based analysis and management of our service lines, customer segments, and funds flows.
- Owning the design, implementation, and documentation of policies, standards, and other procedural materials.
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing teams to establish a best-in-class Compliance Advisory and Support function, supporting market expansion and scaling initiatives.
- Leading the team determining how Compliance should be built into customer relationships and products/services.
- Providing embedded functional support to facilitate the completion of due diligence for prospective clients.
- Partnering with product development teams through the provision of timely guidance and support throughout the product lifecycle.
- Developing, monitoring and reporting on a suite of critical metrics for Executive Leadership and Board-level reporting.
- Collaborating closely with the Compliance Operations team to operationalize the KYC and Sales Compliance programs.
- Working closely with various teams to support license applications across multiple regions.
- Presenting to regulators, examiners and auditors performing reviews of the Compliance program.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 13+ years of proven experience in KYC, AML, or Sanctions, including leading programs for Fintech or crypto businesses.
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Compliance experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in RegTech or Fintech companies is preferred.
- Proven experience with regulatory exams and presenting to examiners.
- Experience working hands-on with cross-functional partners, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts to improve compliance processes and systems.
- Deep experience and knowledge of traditional money laundering and terrorist financing typologies.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Salt Lake City, UT. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $205,000 – $294,000
Annual Bonus Target: 25%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.