Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
Hims & Hers Health is looking for a dynamic leader to lead our Data Engineering team. You will drive all data engineering initiatives for building the next-gen data platform. You will be leading a team of data engineers and architects, collaborating closely with senior leaders in engineering, product and business stakeholders to design and build real time data pipelines, publish data products, and lead research and evaluation of new technical solutions.
- Collaborate with various Business function teams and the data science team to build high quality, performant solutions that ensure stakeholder groups have access to the data they need.
- Build and evolve h&h data platforms, with a focus on continuous process improvement and resiliency
- Define a set of standard technologies & tools for the data platform, and drive the adoption, implementation, and ongoing sustaining of the data platform.
- Evaluate and make the call on technical solutions, architecture, and platforms
- Data Management practices including Data Modeling, ETL practices, Aggregation patterns, and Data warehousing principles.
- Execute the vision, goals, priorities and work alongside the team to accomplish them. Ensure high-quality technical solutions and skill development.
- Develop an organizational structure and operating model in which the engineers thrive in cross-functional teams (with analysts, data scientists, etc) that are embedded and dedicated to business and product areas
- Lead strategic planning, roadmap development, and operational planning for your teams
- Drives continuous improvement to deliver solutions that are at the forefront of industry leading techniques while also adhering to analytical best practices
- 8+ years in Software Engineering, with 3+ years leading teams
- Deep experience with data engineering, big data and analytical technologies using cloud-based data platforms
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with a proven ability to operate in a fast moving environment.
- Expertise in SDLC (systems development life cycle) / Iterative / Agile / Scrum development
- Strong leadership skills to move the team through a major change, initiative to drive change forward and identify solutions to potential obstacles
- Be a change agent and foster a learn by doing environment
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving skills. Strong analytical mind.
- Prior experience with Data Warehouse or Data Lake solutions similar to Snowflake/Redshift, Cloud environments similar to AWS/GCP, Big Data solutions similar to Hadoop/Spark, Realtime Streaming solutions similar to Kafka/Flink.
- Knowledge of advanced visualization tools such as Tableau, Superset and Looker.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.