Senior Director, Capital Markets
circle Dallas - will also consider remote in US Full-time 2022-07-28
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Reporting to the VP, Americas, this is a senior-level leadership position managing Circle’s Capital Markets industry segment and the Treasury Sales presence. You will own the go-to-market effort across the Capital Markets ecosystem spanning all revenue generating and business development activities, this includes: Circle’s yield offering, platform technology products including USDC stablecoin infrastructure as well as drive all business related objectives. You will be responsible for building and leading a team of Fixed Income, SAS and BD executives. Core responsibilities include:
- Staffing and operationalizing a team responsible for zero-to-one product launches, scaling API and platform products, architecting first-of-kind deal constructs and managing long-term strategic relationships with Circle’s largest clients and partners.
- Own the commercial go-to-market effort including customer segmentation, shaping and refining value propositions and ultimately defining the engagement model and commercial approach to partnering with Market Makers, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Family Offices and Treasury professionals to name a few.
- Be responsible for informing product priorities including validation of market assumptions, driving trial and usage of new features and products and ultimately collaborating to ensure Circle’s products meet and exceed the needs of our customers / deliver best-in-class product-market fit.
- Collaborate and manage the full business planning planning for Capital Markets including the establishing revenue targets, setting goals and objectives for your team and with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Provide through-leadership and guidance across the organization and be responsible for developing an intentional team culture inline with the mission and vision of the company.
What you'll work on:
- Hiring, scaling, and leading a best-in-class revenue team
- Cultivating a cross functional, customer focused, collaborative team culture that operates with high integrity, in a fast-paced environment
- Regular reporting and superior communication on the most vital KPIs, metrics, and revenue forecasts for the region
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of experience building and leading high performing Sales teams
- 7+ years of selling Fintech, banking, fixed income and/or financial services products
- Securities licensing preferred (82 & 63, an S24)
- Professional and technical knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology preferred
- Exceptional leadership experience with proven ability to hire, onboard, and consistently train employees
- Excellent pipeline management and revenue forecasting abilities
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills in English
- Finally, you enjoy building at the earliest stages. You care deeply about contributing and improving company processes. You enjoy moving at a fast pace, building a long-lasting foundation, and helping customers thrive.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.