consensys APAC - Remote, CANADA - Remote, EMEA - Remote, GLOBAL - Remote, LATAM - Remote, UNITED STATES - Remote Full-time 2023-11-14
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a talented DevOps Engineer capable of managing and maintaining our cloud infrastructure across Consensys. You will assist the Technology Operations team with the day to day running of a variety of platforms, assist Security teams with hardening and securing our systems and help product teams build and deploy their software.
- Configure and manage cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, and GCP and Cloudflare.
- Manage and administer our CI/CD pipelines with Github.
- Maintain and improve our internal management systems .
- Respond to IT incidents and requests through Zendesk to ensure minimal downtime and loss.
- Enhance security infrastructure by using Okta for secure Identity management.
- Document all DevOps and infrastructure-related processes within Confluence.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Good knowledge of AWS and/or Azure cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with GitHub and understanding of version control concepts.
- Knowledge of IT ticketing systems, preferably Zendesk.
- Experience with Security and Identity management tools, preferably Okta.
- Familiarity with Confluence or equivalent documentation tools.
- Understanding of blockchain technologies and familiarity with Web3.
- Good problem-solving methods and a proactive work ethos.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently when needed.
- 3+ years experience administering cloud platforms
- Certification in AWS, Azure or other Cloud platforms beneficial.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
It is a requirement of employment in this position that applicants will be required to submit to background checks including but not limited to employment, education and criminal record checks. Further details will be provided to applicants that successfully meet the criteria for the position as determined by the company in its sole discretion. By submitting an application for employment, you are acknowledging and consenting to this requirement.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.