At Webflow, we’re building the world’s most powerful visual development platform to empower people to create incredible experiences on the web — without needing to manually write and manage code.
Webflow University — our platform for teaching web design and development — is widely regarded as best-in-class. And our passionate, engaged community is made up of people across the globe who can't wait to support and push each other, whether it's freelance designers, agencies, or even in-house teams.
We’re looking for a Senior Designer, Community, who shares our passion for design and our mission to inspire and incentivize people to learn web design and development. As the Senior Designer, Community, you’ll be responsible for designing, scaling, and leading design systems that empower our internal team and external community leaders to produce recognizable and impactful content.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative designer who can drive work and advocate for excellent brand storytelling and design craft together with our design team. You'll be working closely with our community team as well as video production, documentation, and product. We have a community of incredible designers, and you’ll be responsible for highlighting their work while holding a high bar for leading the expansion and growth of the Webflow Community brand.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US Remote
- Exempt status
As a Senior Designer, Community, you’ll …
- Own & Scale Webflow’s Community brand and identity. You’ll define, create, and strengthen our community brand assets. These areas include web development in Webflow, illustrations, messaging, 3D designs and renders, and information design to scale and amplify the Webflow Community brand in new ways across brand campaigns, product launches, and content initiatives.
- Unifying Webflow Community with Webflow University. You’ll design, build in Webflow, and improve upon the user experience and visual identity of Webflow’s Community brand. You’ll plan, design, and launch major Webflow Community initiatives (like Community Grants and our global meetup program).
- Develop and influence strong cross-functional workflows that enable agility and collaboration. You'll partner directly with cross-functional teams to establish and expand scalable design assets. You’ll work closely with the Community team to research, design, and build design systems. You’ll establish and manage a style guide that maintains our voice, tone, look, and feel.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our team enjoys a ton of experimental freedom, and we’re always looking for ways to improve, even when the method isn’t 100% proven. If an idea gets our users excited about learning, we’re interested in trying it. We love bold, aspirational, and sophisticated designs. If it makes someone do a double-take, let’s build it. We use stills, illustrations, scripted videos, unscripted videos, music with video, and clear graphics (plus a billion other things that won't fit here) to reinforce teaching visually. (And about a billion other things that won’t fit in this paragraph.)
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Designer, Community if you:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Can provide a portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design skills, attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems through elegant solutions.
- Are self-motivated problem solver who can manage to work on multiple projects at once.
- Are an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) with an ability to present your work to peers and key stakeholders.
- Have demonstrated experience creating and upholding brand guidelines.
- Are pragmatic and take an iterative approach to create new learning experiences.
- Have a demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity, quickly adapt to changes, manage your time, and prioritize your work in a fast-paced environment.
- Are humble, and respectful, and value team success over personal success.
- Are deeply familiar with design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Figma, or other relevant software — and can quickly get up and running in new tools.
- Are skilled at giving and receiving candid feedback around your work and your team's work, while being able to quickly iterate and deliver revisions.
- Have a can-do, get-it-done attitude.
- are bothered that this bulleted list item isn't capitalized at the beginning.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Designer, Community and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.