Fountain is enterprise software that accelerates global high volume hiring. Our customers hire millions of hourly workers annually in 78 countries. Job seekers often struggle to get connected with companies seeking hourly workers due to inefficiencies in their hiring processes, and Fountain makes it easier for them to get offers for work quickly. Getting hired fast eases some of the financial instability millions of families face.
Fountain is a Remote-first company that embraces a work from anywhere policy and offers flexibility on location, so our employees feel free to enjoy the world. Fountain is widely trusted by leading organizations, including Chipotle, StitchFix, GoPuff and Just Eat Takeaway.
We just 4.5Xed in valuation in our Series C, which was led by Softbank and B Capital. We plan on keeping this hyper-growth going this year! Come join us on this rocket ship!
In this role you will report to the Director, Strategic Insights and be the team’s go-to data expert as we roll out benchmarking insights for Fountain clients and build best-in-class thought leadership.
You love data–especially messy data–and have a passion for data exploration, documentation, and analytics. You’re naturally curious and methodical, with a deep understanding of statistics and data analysis methods. You can drive results independently, but you also take great care to seek insights from others and develop a holistic understanding of company processes.
Your work will include
- Being a thought partner with the Director, Strategic Insights in building a benchmarking product for clients and prospects, including but not limited to:
- Scoping and documentation of third party data resourcesBrainstorming concepts around benchmarking best practices
- Becoming an expert utilizer of Fountain internal data
- Becoming the analytical go-to for the Insights team – you’re comfortable with statistical analysis and can guide our processes around sample size and significance testing
- Building clearly understandable dashboards and visualizations for internal and external dissemination
- Reaching out across teams to understand existing workflows and data processes
What you should bring
- 3+ years of experience in a role requiring data wrangling and quantitative data analysis or demonstrated ability through portfolio projects and/or dissertation/research content
- You have a solid grounding in quantitative analysis with experience using statistical software like SPSS, R, or Python
- You hold a degree in a quantitative concentration such as statistics, math, finance, economics, or social sciences
- You have a passion for data exploration and research (even when it’s monotonous) with the ability to build on findings and update methodologies accordingly, especially in situations where the research focus is less defined
- You dislike data silos and duplicating work, and you want to meet and collaborate with others across the organization to utilize existing knowledge and workflows
- You have an appreciation for documentation and ensuring access to knowledge
- You’ve worked with and have an understanding of data complexity, and you’re experienced in accommodating for messy data and/or data that doesn’t fit neatly into existing infrastructure
- Proficiency in SQL, even if it’s just the basics
- You’ve worked with data visualization tools before (we use Looker), or you have a strong desire to learn
It’s a plus if you:
- Have a Masters degree in statistics or economics
- Understand qualitative research perspectives and/or have performed qualitative research
- Worked in a start-up environment before and appreciate fast-paced, sometimes unstructured, environments
- Have prior teaching, training, or presentation experience