The Petal Mission
Petal’s mission is to expand access to opportunity, by making responsible, modern financial services available to everyone. Founded in 2016, Petal provides technology-enabled credit cards to consumers who are historically underserved by mainstream providers.
Petal pioneered automated cash flow underwriting, a transformative new approach to assessing consumer creditworthiness with the potential to expand access to tens of millions of U.S. consumers without credit history, or for whom traditional credit scores do not tell the whole story. Petal pairs this groundbreaking, data-driven underwriting technology with a mobile-first, digitally native product experience designed to help users manage and build credit responsibly. For Petal, it’s a mission as much as it is a business—with a goal to reimagine finance for the next generation of consumers.
At Petal, we’re looking for people with kindness, positivity, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Petal, we welcome diverse perspectives from people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
The Credit Risk Analyst Role
We are working on revolutionizing credit through usage of personal cash flow in underwriting. Achieving this objective requires outstanding risk management. Risk touches the entire customer life cycle and we intend to provide a safe, seamless and industry-leading experience for our customers. We are pioneering cash-flow underwriting in the space and we have an opportunity to use an entirely new data source to deliver for customers and the business.
- Develop insights and data visualizations to solve complex problems and communicate ideas to internal stakeholders.
- Extract and analyze data, investigate data integrity, generate metrics and perform ad hoc analysis.
- Partner with data engineers to validate & deploy solutions in an efficient, sustainable & usable manner.
- Explore and test new data sources to improve our decisioning.
- Design and execute acquisition, pricing, credit line tests.
- Build and execute performance reporting.
- Be a thought leader on the broader team for credit card customer experience.
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
- 4+ years experience in credit risk management
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R and Python (preferred but not required)
- Strong self-management, drive, and organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Strong track record in working collaboratively
- Understanding of credit cards