Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so that every growing company can realize their full potential. We’re building integrated financial software and services that empower the next generation of business.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We empower you with the tools, resources, and support to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers—across Brand, Product Marketing, Content, and Growth—are responsible for acquiring and engaging customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with Product, Sales, BD, and Design to help our prospects and customers understand how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Copywriter to create an engaging social media presence that grows our brand, delights our followers, and promotes our financial software and services. This role will report into the Director of Copywriting and collaborate closely with the Social Media team to develop our social voice, write content across all of Brex’s social media channels, and ensure we maintain a strong social following and brand consistent with our marketing goals.
The candidate must have outstanding copywriting skills, extensive experience writing copy for a brand's owned social channels, and attention to detail and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about audience engagement, excels at writing, seeks and values feedback, and has a command of social channels as an extension of the marketing funnel.
- Concept, write, and edit copy for social platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram, for campaigns as well as quick-turn opportunities
- Help develop and maintain our social voice and visual identity that is unique and tailored to each social platform
- Partner with the social media team to ideate social-first, creative content for our owned Brex handles
- Adapt your written content to the target audience’s behaviors (language, tone, message) to drive engagement and optimize copy based on audience’s reaction
- Proofread and edit content to ensure consistency (grammar, style, and tone)
- Work with the Social Media team and XFN partners to keep up to date with Brex’s product development and plan ahead for future launches
- Build strong partnerships with Brand, Design, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, and Customer Experience teams
- Identify opportunities to develop Brex branded social content in relation to relevant cultural conversations happening on social
- 7+ years writing social media content and building loyal communities across social media platforms, ideally for B2B finance, tech, or SaaS brands
- Flexibility to seamlessly alter the tone of your writing to meet the demands of the specific social platform and audience
- Unwavering focus on and empathy for the customer
- Ability to adapt on the fly, drive new best practices, and test out new ideas to stand out among a vast number of competitors
- Confidence to present your work and graciously incorporate feedback from the leadership team
- Ability to incorporate popular trends into social content when appropriate while maintaining brand standards
- Strong understanding of grammar and ability to operate with speed, accuracy, and attention to details
- A bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field