Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so that every growing company can realize their full potential. We’re building integrated financial software and services that empower the next generation of business.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We empower you with the tools, resources, and support to grow your career.
Marketing at Brex
The Marketing team tells the Brex story, determines messaging and positioning, and translates our reimagined products and features into tangible customer benefits. Our marketers — across Brand, Product Marketing, Content, and Growth — are responsible for acquiring and engaging customers and have a deep understanding of the business. We’re a highly cross-functional team and partner most closely with Product, Design, Sales, and BD to help our prospects and customers understand how we can help them reach their full potential.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Copywriter with extensive experience writing copy for product-driven launches and campaigns, ideally in B2B SaaS or Fintech. You’ll think about the customer journey and play a key role in developing product narrative, with the goal of driving acquisition and engagement for our Brex Empower spend management solution. You will report to the Director of Copywriting and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in product marketing, design, growth, external communications, sales, and web.
What you write will span a variety of tactics, including sales enablement materials, onboarding and user education/training guides, paid marketing, case studies, and long-form content. How you write will be incredibly consistent, demonstrating a commitment to quality and a mastery of voice. You understand that we are here to make our customers successful and strive to speak in their language and help them make fast decisions to reach their goals.
- Take ownership of the writing needs for Brex Empower, building relationships across the company to create copy strategy and execution that supports product and campaign objectives
- Work closely with product and product marketing teams to understand your products and the customers who use it
- Write clear, compelling copy aimed at financial decision makers at midmarket and enterprise companies
- Bring a strategic eye to briefs, and develop creative solutions to meet the project requirements
- Shift seamlessly between writing precise product details and more conversational, benefit-focused promotional copy – and know when each style is appropriate
- Consistently infuse our brand values and voice into all copy to excite, educate, and engage the audience
- Revise copy based on feedback/direction, and proofread your copy for spelling, grammar, and other errors.
- 7+ years of experience in as a copywriter; SaaS/technology or FinTech and product-driven experience a plus
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates consistent, high-quality concepts and execution within and across a variety of tactics and use cases, with an emphasis on product launches and enablement
- Unwavering focus on and empathy for the customer
- Proven ability to translate technical concepts into relatable actionable copy for a business and product user audience
- Knowledgeable of and willingness to dig into complex financial products
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field