Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
Marqeta is looking for a Senior Compliance Manager – Marketing Review with a passion for developing and implementing strong, efficient and scalable compliance programs, specifically related to the review and approval of marketing materials/collateral. This is a highly cross-functional and strategic role reporting directly to Marqeta’s Head of Enterprise Compliance. This role requires strong partnerships with key external partners such as our customers and banks, as well as our internal partners.
The successful candidate is a highly experienced, motivated, and detail-oriented individual who can balance the importance of the customer journey (marketing messaging and user experiences) with regulatory and legal requirements. You will develop appropriate policies, procedures and processes to support the product vision of Marqeta and our customers, and work cross-functionally to drive unified messaging and positioning within the organization and with our partners.
What You'll Do
- Review and approve the marketing materials of our customers to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Establish meaningful partnerships with our customers to create an efficient and effective process, to deliver clear and concise feedback when needed and to provide a competitive advantage
- Provide insight and training to customers and internal partners to ensure compliance with current rules and regulations while being innovative and solutions oriented to help the customer reach the desired outcome
- Engineer scalable processes to drive compliance across all customer programs, especially consumer programs
- Communicate with banks, partners and internal clients with the goal of driving compliant outcomes in a timely manner
- Manage the compliance testing and monitoring program related to marketing/collateral to ensure compliance
- Respond to changes in relevant laws, regulations, identifying impact across the enterprise, adjusting policy as necessary, and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance on implementation
- Measure and communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to various levels of Leadership to enable risk-based strategic decision making
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience in the review and approval of all types of marketing material in a heavily regulated environment. Experience with card programs is a plus;
- Familiarity with UDAAP and other consumer protection requirements as they relate to marketing materials and consumer communications
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced, high volume and dynamic environment with a high degree of personal accountability, quality, accuracy, integrity and trust;
- Analytical and problem solving experience with a strong focus on quality assurance of output;
- Promoting a culture of accountability and early escalation of issues;
- Comfortable with current collaboration tools such as G Suite and Slack;
- High EQ and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A good sense of humor.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.