Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are seeking an Android engineer to help us build and support the Mailchimp mobile application. You can expect to develop new and existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, backend engineers, iOS engineers, and quality engineers. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process and product.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration, and action. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You should be comfortable with distributed teams, and excited about building a strong, inclusive environment for everyone who joins after you.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience developing mobile applications in Android using Kotlin
- Have experience developing new features, enhancing existing features, and investigating & resolving defects
- Adhere to and help establish internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices to ensure code written is scalable and maintainable
- Are engaged with the Android community and are constantly looking for improvements to make in your applications
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Are passionate about building great mobile applications and are familiar with various pros/cons of common architecture pattern
- Have experience/familiarity with Android Jetpack libraries such as Jetpack Compose and Navigation Components
- Have published applications into the play store and understand how to monitor application vitals (crash reports, analytics, reviews, etc)
- Have experience and/or desire to coach and mentor other developers
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
What you’ll do:
- Build new Mobile features from concept through implementation
- Write and support clean, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Help ideate, scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Investigate and resolve defects, and ensure a high standard of application performance
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing, contributing to the team’s test suite and peer reviews
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits . We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.