Senior Analytics Engineer
snyk US (East Coast), London, Boston, Ottawa, Halifax, or Remote Full-time 2022-07-28
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
We’re looking for a senior analytics engineer to join our new group to help us build the future of customer-facing data products at Snyk.
You’ll spend your time:
- Building and maintaining the data mart that power our new customer-facing analytics product
- Talking to our customers, making sure we’re building a product they truly love
- Working across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-end
- Deploying new features to production
- Improving performance and overcoming scalability limits
- Collaborating with your team, planning the most important projects to work on next
You should apply if you:
- Have experience in designing, building, and deploying high quality data products
- Love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
- Love building new products and getting innovative!
- Have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
- Ensure a high-quality of code, that can be safely co-authored in a fast growing organization
- Feel comfortable working in a cross-functional team, working across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-end
- Communicate proactively and have a team-first mind-set
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have prior experience as an Analytics Engineer (or equivalent).
- Exposure and expertise working with dbt.
- Experience with SQL and git.
- Experience optimizing data models against specific performance targets
- Passion for building the best version of whatever you’re working on
- A track record of working autonomously, with strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to continually keep up with advancements in data
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway 🙂
Location: EST Timezone, UK, or Remote (EST/UK)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth – and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $200 Million, announced on September 9, 2020, from investors such as Stripes and Salesforce Ventures, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.
Snyk is recognized on the Forbes Cloud 100 2021, the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 and was named a Visionary in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for AST.