Seed Health is a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Our scientific board comprises leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
Consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Our efforts to set a new standard in probiotics, microbial innovation and translational communication have earned various accolades, including Fast Company's World Changing Ideas in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TIME's Best Inventions 2018.
We focus on categories where microbial innovations and microbiome-related products will disrupt and capture global market share in the coming years (e.g. oral care, skin care, infant health, etc.). We have built a strong foundation with breakthrough research and strong intellectual property, and believe there is a substantial opportunity to emerge as an innovative product line, backed by the most rigorous science.
The Senior Accountant will join a fast-paced startup environment, in amongst an ever-growing finance and accounting team. Impact drives you to excel and you are passionate about achieving precision within a rapidly scaling business. You are energized by the idea of building from the ground up and you automatically operate three steps ahead on the chessboard. You seamlessly shift from long-term strategic thinking to tactical day-to-day operations and thoroughly enjoy process design and improvement. You are eager to make an impact, not only in business, but with the desire to push Microbial Sciences, all in the interest of advancing human and planetary health.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain key balance sheet reconciliations, including prepaids, fixed assets, and accrued expenses
- Perform cash reconciliations on a daily basis
- Review accounts payable coding to ensure expenses are being tagged appropriately for budget-to-actual tracking
- Calculate and record monthly accruals
- Ensure reporting and transactions are in adherence with US GAAP
- Assist in annual audits and other aspects of compliance
- Ad hoc analysis/projects
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting with 2-4 years progressive experience, with either public accounting or experience within a fast growth, direct-to-consumer company preferred
- Advanced Excel and data management skills (e.g., pivot tables, V-lookups, index/match functions)
- Understanding of inventory management and experience with inventory accounting and systems
- Understanding of financial statement reporting
- Understanding of theory and practical application of U.S. GAAP
- Comfortable in a startup environment; must have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organized, able to communicate effectively cross functionally
The annual pay range for this full-time position is $100k-$115k + equity + benefits across all US locations (this position is 100% remote-US). Our pay ranges are guided by discipline, level and experience required. Within the range, individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including: your specific location, desired skills/ technical competency, relevant experience and advanced education/ training. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, Mental Wellness, EAP, Wellness Stipend + 401(k) match.
Seed is an equal opportunity employer. For us, diversity isn’t an HR metric—it is the result of billions of years of evolution; it’s our nature. To serve our community inclusively means to cultivate a relative abundance of perspectives, backgrounds, geographies, and experiences. Like in biology, each role and its function is key to the productivity, sustainability, and resilience of our ecosystem.
Seed Health does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or any employee of the Seed team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Seed Health vendors who have been requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening.