Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build…
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Detection and Response Team (DART) at Robinhood exemplifies our Safety First value by building and operating services that protect our customers' security and privacy. DART consists of detection platform and incident response teams who work together to assess threats, collect and analyze data, and respond to events. Together, we ensure the effectiveness of our safeguards and the continuous protection of our customers.
The DART team is looking for incident response engineers to monitor the full breadth of Robinhood's technology, detect threats, and respond to events in real-time.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will work in a 24/7 on-call rotation to monitor and respond to threats across production services and user endpoints.
- You will partner with teams across Security & Privacy and Engineering to address business and technical risks and to solve for inefficiencies in response workflows.
- You will lead and participate in threat hunting exercises to test hypotheses and incorporate findings into improvements to our security controls.
- You will design and implement strategies to continually improve the speed, efficacy, and safety of threat detection and containment.
- You will look for opportunities to reduce manual effort through automation and implement process improvements.
- 3+ years' experience in security engineering.
- 2+ experience leading incident response, especially in financial or other regulated environments.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have experience operating independently in a fast paced incident response, security operations, or similar environment.
- You have experience defining and implementing threat detection strategies.
- You have used SIEM and SOAR or similar systems to detect threats and automate incident response.
- You are innately curious and are skilled at finding hidden signals in large and complex datasets.
- You are comfortable building tools and solutions using technologies like Python, Go, and AWS.
Technologies we use:
- Software development languages and frameworks like Go, Python, and Django
- Container orchestration and stream processing solutions like Kubernetes and Kafka
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proprietary and commercial solutions for security event detection and incident management
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.