Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Security Engineer?
Clearcover is looking for an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Security Engineer to join our team. Security Engineers build, maintain, and monitor security solutions to protect the platform that powers Clearcover’s API products, applications, and machine-learning applications. We work every day to improve the security of our software and build automation within our AWS infrastructure. The Security Engineer role is an integral part of our Product and Technology organization and requires a shift-left mindset for security. If you have an appetite for cloud-native security built on automation, we'd love to talk to you!
What will you do?
- Develop, deploy, and operate security mechanisms within our AWS infrastructure.
- Play a significant role in the design and execution of the security operations processes, procedures and runbooks.
- Guide/lead mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities and threats.
- Prioritize events using existing tools to correlate data for the purpose of reducing false positives and detecting threats.
- Work closely with SRE to “build-in” security as code.
- Participate in incident response activities.
- Develop monthly reporting dashboards and metrics on vulnerabilities and remediation.
- Act as a trusted advisor for security related questions and concerns.
What do you need?
- 4+ years of experience working as a security engineer in cloud environments.
- Experience securing cloud IaaS offerings in AWS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform.
- Knowledge of security hardening standards and vulnerability trends on Linux servers and containers.
- Understanding of data protection mechanisms including encryption.
- Familiarity with container orchestration platforms.
- Experience with security operations monitoring tools and processes (SIEM).
- Experience triaging security alerts and reporting on findings.
- Knowledge of defensive security measures and vulnerability trends.
- Fundamental knowledge of APIs and SOAR.
Nice to haves?
- Experience with integrating security into continuous integration/deployment tools.
- Experience implementing security in Kubernetes.
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.