A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Sales Team
The Sales team directly impacts the growth of the company by acquiring high quality + high capacity new professionals who will provide an amazing experience for our customers. Our sales approach drives product comprehension, pro retention, and generates a much higher ROI for the pro vs. pros who self-serve signup. We are a growing sales organization, currently looking for highly motivated leaders who want to be a part of scaling our Sales org
About the Role
The Sales Team Manager helps recruit, onboard and train SDRs (Sales Development Representatives). He or she will help them sell, coaching them through problems; they may also design and optimize the sales pitch. The SDR manager is the eyes and ears at the top of the sales funnel, making sure there are enough leads in the pipeline to make goals. You will play a key role in the team’s growth by surfacing learnings from sales conversations, by testing new data sources and sales processes, by improving the quality & quantity of pros on Thumbtack and by driving revenue for the company.
- Maintaining high team morale, setting & achieving goals both as a team, coaching and improving the sales process, managing ever-changing campaigns and team productivity, and helping to streamline the SDR workflow and operations processes
- Train and mentor current team members and new hires on sales strategies, scripting, and processes in a work from home environment
- Provide feedback to Sales Leadership, Sales Operations and Enablement on ways to improve workflow and efficiency for SDR’s, as well as identify training needs.
- Become an expert in the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan
- Performance & documentation
- Other duties as assigned or required.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Expert at solution-based selling through aligning prospect goals, needs and problems to product solutions
- Have a collaborative attitude to share techniques and success with the team
- Experience with CRM and sales tools, preferably Salesforce
- Must have a minimum of 3 years cold-calling/outbound sales and 2-3 years of people management experience handling a sales team
- Experience using Google Suite
- Experience in managing a geographically dispersed, remote team
- Experiencing in short sales cycle consultative selling
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.