SAM Labs is an award-winning EdTech start-up. Founded in 2014, growing fast, making a difference, and venture capital funded. With over 5,000 school customers in 60+ countries already using SAM Labs products and lesson materials, SAM Labs is looking for more talent to join its team!
SAM Labs inspires generations of problem solvers with Coding and STEAM. We empower teachers with innovative curriculum resources, tools, and the mindset to do so. Teachers and students learn with SAM Labs kits and lessons by designing anything from energy efficient lighting grids for ‘smart’ cities to solar-powered habitats for endangered species – all the while meeting curriculum standards.
Sales Operations Associate – Remote – $60k USD base + $20k USD variable (uncapped) + equity
SAM Labs is at an important stage in its development and is looking to build out its sales team to support the next stage of growth. Work as part of our sales team to scale the team, develop processes and insights, and support with developing and converting a pipeline of opportunities to achieve revenue targets.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of Sales, John Kline.
This position lays the foundation for a successful commercial and strategic career and will offer strong development opportunities as SAM Labs’ realizes its strong revenue growth.
- Sales Performance Analysis: Provide insights on sales and customer success activities, reply rates, etc., to John Kline, Head of Sales, to identify areas for improvement.
- CRM Mastery: Manage automation and sequencing in HubSpot. Ensure data hygiene and conduct regular data purging.
- Process Documentation: Document, maintain, and communicate sales and customer success processes for clarity and efficiency.
- Deal Documents: Handle sales-related documents such as W9 forms, vendor forms, DPAs, etc.
- Deal Desk Management: Oversee the closure and tracking of 'Closed Won' deals.
- Event Follow-Up: Track and manage post-event follow-ups to maximize sales opportunities.
- Grants/RFP/Bid Writing: Assist in writing grants/RFPs/Bids for specific schools to facilitate new sales and expansions.
- Grow LTV: Identify opportunities and tactics to grow additional revenue from existing accounts.
- Outreach Target List Creation: Develop targeted lists for sales team outreach during quieter months.
- Reseller Co-Management: Work alongside John in managing resellers and partnerships.
- Territory Analysis: Analyze existing and new territories for potential growth and opportunities.
- Onboarding and Training: improve the SAM Labs onboarding experience, coordinate training and meetings for revenue teams.
- Travel: This role will be expected to travel to events or meetings at least once per quarter, and up to twice per quarter.
- Experience in sales operations, preferably in the EdTech or education sector.
- Proficient in using CRMs (Hubspot Preferred) and sales automation.
- Strong Analytical, investigation, and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in process documentation and data management.
- Ability to write effectively for grants and formal sales documents.
- Analytical skills to derive insights from sales data.
- Excellent organizational skills for managing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel to the US for team meetings or sales events.
- Fluent in English
We try to have a transparent and seamless application process. Here's how it plays out:
- We review your application
- Short intro questions
- Chat with member of the leadership team to discuss the role
- Short assignment
- Chat with another member of the leadership team
- Job Offer!
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience and location.
- The opportunity to be part of a mission-driven company impacting global education.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team environment.