The Sales Development Representative (SDR) role at Poll Everywhere is an exciting position for someone eager to establish their software sales foundation while having a direct impact on the growth of our business. You’ll have the opportunity to creatively ideate and execute new projects alongside a supportive, non-competitive sales team. This role will report to the SDR manager while working alongside a small team of SDRs. This role also offers consistent opportunities for development and sales coaching, including direct access to shadow AEs in learning the full sales cycle.
Poll Everywhere is a remote, bootstrapped SaaS company that aims to make presentations more inclusive. Our platform enables presenters to create interactive questions, word clouds, discussions, and competitions that their audience can respond to using any device. Founded in 2008, we now support millions of users worldwide, from educational institutions like UCLA and Boston University to household companies such as Google, AT&T, and Target.
Our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for identifying, contacting, and qualifying potential customers. Their role is twofold – inbound and outbound sales prospecting. From an inbound perspective, they will contact leads who have expressed interest in our platform and qualify them as sales opportunities. Additionally, this individual will run cold outbound campaigns across email, phone, and LinkedIn to prospects across a target account list.
Objectives of the role
- Research, identify, and prospect for new customers from a list of target accounts
- Execute outbound campaigns across different channels (email, phone, video messages, social media touches, etc.) to drive qualified sales leads
- Hold qualifications calls to evaluate if Poll Everywhere is a good fit and educate prospects on how our solution would meet their particular needs
- Nurture outbound prospects and determine when they’re qualified to be handed off to an Account Executive
- Engage and qualify inbound leads to create pipeline for Account Executives
Daily & monthly responsibilities
- Efficiently field and determine qualification for inbound leads to facilitate a smooth hand-off to an Account Executive
- Research target accounts and determine a strategic approach to communicate with key personas about Poll Everywhere’s value propositions
- Conduct thoughtful and impactful outreach via cold calling, emails, and social media
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce CRM
- Explore, implement, and recommend new sales initiatives to drive qualified sales leads
Quarterly & yearly responsibilities
- Hit targets for the number of outbound leads passed off to an Account Executive
- Meet defined SLA requirements for inbound leads
- Shape strategies and solutions that improve performance across the entire SDR team
Skills you need to be successful in the role
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product’s selling points via phone, email, and video conferencing
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues to potential customers clearly
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others, and maintain strong working relationships
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently.
- 1-3 years experience in B2B SaaS business development or outbound sales experience
- Hands-on experience with CRM (Salesforce preferred)
- Familiarity with sales enablement and engagement tools like MixMax, Gong, and Truly