S/Vice President, FP&A
Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, and others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings and the only service with over 12M+ organizations continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 30,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, and cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of “A” through “F” based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve and communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, and vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 500 employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a “Best Workplace,” “Best Places to Work in NYC” by Crain's NY, and one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
What you will do
The S/VP Finance & Operations will partner closely with business leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, then apply financial insights to assist and direct decision making. Responsibilities include FP&A, operating reviews, board updates, oversight of the controllership function, and the creation of processes and dashboards to answer complex questions. Successful candidates will be collaborative, results oriented, and be able to formulate complex analyses into simple and succinct communications. This individual must be able to balance the desire to move fast, with that of providing thorough, actionable, and accurate information.
- Key player/right hand to the CFO and CEO, and business unit leadership in developing the short- and long-term financial goals for the business.
- Lead the development of the annual operating budget, long-term strategic financial plans as well as monthly and quarterly models and forecasts by partnering with business units and functional leaders.
- Robust competency on creating durable in-depth financial model; deliver timely, accurate, and effective analysis and reporting of financial and operational performance metrics.
- Runs consistent, detailed best-in-class cohort analyses on financial metrics including but not limited to retention, sales, and marketing efficiency, CAC, LTV, ARR growth, and translates financial analyses into sound tactical and strategic information.
- Drive the process and preparation of annual budgets, monthly flashes, and quarterly forecasts, recommendations.
- Works with cross-functional business teams to identify fundamental business drivers and risks to those drivers, and translate them into modeling parameters; Tight-knit coordination on driving improvements to the business based on deltas between actual performance and budget
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing due diligence process on strategic investments and acquisitions
- Support the business by conducting operational analyses that enable data-driven decision-making rooted in financial metrics, support communications and lead the development of presentations to the Board of Directors and related executive committees.
- Actively engage functional leaders to find ways to better partner and provide visibility to manage their respective businesses and functions.
- Identify systems and process gaps and implement technology, software, and new processes to increase transparency, speed, and automation to improve the financial
- planning process.
- Partner with Accounting teams for month-end and quarter-end close reporting
- Provides strategic direction to the growth strategy through thorough analysis, in addition to raising the standards across the entire business operation to make sure that all key parts of the firm can adapt successfully to growth.
- Build and lead a team of high-performing FP&A professionals
- Lead the department responsible for planning, budgeting, forecasting, and actuals vs. budget/forecast reporting and analysis
- Track performance relative to budgets, forecasts, and performance targets.
- 12+ years experience: working in B2B Enterprise saas company in financial roles (Demonstrated outstanding financial leadership skills and expertise with an emphasis on financial analysis, budgeting, management reporting, and projections.)
- Able to synthesize vast amounts of information, develop high-quality analytics and communicate clearly and succinctly to different audiences (business leaders to executives).
- Extremely high business acumen, performing operationally focused financial analysis and data gathering to support strategic and business development initiatives.
- Strong financial background and attention to detail, with full understanding and experience with financial models and analysis.
- Able to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Maintains the highest accuracy and precision and standard for excellent presentable work, and someone who is highly organized and can manage a diverse team with a diverse range of responsibilities.
- Skilled at creating processes and organization around routine FP&A business functions as well as ad-hoc strategic transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field, MBA or CFA, and experience in
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.