Remote Hospice RN (Weekday Self-Scheduling & Every-Other-Weekend)
IntellaTriage Brentwood, Tennessee, United States Part-time 2022-07-28
IntellaTriage continues to GROW!
IntellaTriage Nurses enjoy the benefits of working from home, providing care, without the stress and expense of commuting each day!
**MUST have a current Compact RN license
**MUST live in/work from a Compact US state
**Minimum of 5 years as a Nurse
**Minimum of 1 year of experience in Hospice
**Must have coaxial cable or fiber optic Internet
**Must be tech savvy, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and have no concerns typing
Our Hospice Triage Nurses:
- Have proven experience in Hospice and also in a fast-paced environment; ED, Critical Care, Surgical Services, etc.
- Work a minimum of 4 shifts per pay period (for part-time status).
- A pay period is 2 weeks.
- May self-schedule for their weekday requirements.
- Work every-other-weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, which is set so you know what to expect.
- Train for 2 weeks. Week 1 is primarily days and Week 2 is primarily evenings, based on our Trainers’ schedule and availability.
- Must have a compact license and live in that compact state. (no states with pending legislation or future implementation dates are considered current compacts)
What is important to know?
We are growing and excited to be able to support our clients’ nursing staffs in the field who need time to focus on work-life balance, as well, while being able to trust that we are there to support them and their patients during nights and weekends!
- Patient care is #1. We do not have call quotas. We employ the best RNs to provide the best care.
- When our patients or their families reach our triage line, they immediately speak directly with a RN. Therefore, we only hire RNs for this role.
- We do not have PRN positions.
- We are super busy. If you like fast-paced roles, keep reading…
- Any RN may pick up additional shifts, if shifts are available for the clients’ they are trained to support.
- We will provide you with a laptop and headset.
- RNs are required to provide their own high-speed internet (only fiberoptic or coaxial cable internet is compatible with our remote call center technology).
- Our laptop is required to be directly connected to your modem. Working through Wi-Fi is not compatible with our systems. The calls will drop.
- It is essential to have a home office or quiet space free from noise or distractions in your home (Privacy/HIPAA compliant space is required).
- Training is provided remotely and is paid; no travel is required in this role.
- Our RNs have access to our clients’ EMRs for charting and utilize internal applications to perform their daily job functions.
- RNs MUST be able to follow instructions (verbal and written) and be comfortable with technology (tech savvy).
- RNs must remain in good standing and ensure their home state license remains active.
- IntellaTriage will cover the cost of non-compact state licensure based on the client(s) that are assigned for support.
- All RNs must have a compact license and reside/work in that state.
- Shift prep is a minimum clock-in of 30 minutes prior to taking calls; this is paid time to prepare.
- Once calls roll to the next team/shift, our nurses remain clocked in and complete any remaining charting before leaving for the day. This may take 30 minutes or this may take 2 hours. It depends on the pace of the calls received during that shift and the pace of your ability to quickly navigate technology and type.
Sound exciting to you?
Then… put those days on the floor and that commute or hours on the road between patients’ homes behind you! Our nurses enjoy working from their own home office; no more purchasing scrubs, expensive takeout, and the large gas bill along with extra wear-and-tear on your vehicle.
Most importantly, working remotely enables you to spend more time with those you love!
- MUST have a current Compact RN license (States with pending legislation or future implementation dates are not considered current compacts until the implementation date.)
- 5+ years as a RN
- Experience in a fast-paced environment: i.e. ED, Surgical Services, or Critical Care.
- Hospice Triage RNs must have at 1+ years of experience in a hospice setting.
- Must be comfortable with technology and accessing multiple applications remotely to perform documentation during calls.
- Ability and comfort typing.
- Fluency in English is required, additional languages are a bonus.
- Must physically reside in the U.S. and be legally eligible to work for any employer.
- Must be able to complete the 2-week orientation and training (Schedule listed in this posting).
- Must be available to work every-other Saturday & Sunday on your team’s required weekends
- Holidays as they are required (rotation).
- Able to handle stress and multitask when calls are coming in (minimum of 5+ calls per hour on weekdays, and much higher on weekends).
- Able to communicate with patients and families with empathy while also maintaining adherence to client protocols.
- Must maintain CEU’s as designated by the states you are answering calls in.
- Must attend any in-services, additional training on an as needed basis.
- Able to pass background check and nurse licensing check.
All Remote Triage RNs, once trained to their originally assigned team are at $23/hourly. There are opportunities to train to other teams to increase the hourly rate. All part-time and full-time RNs accumulate PTO, based on the number of hours they work (per year). All part-time and full-time RNs receive an additional 3-paid-sick-days per year. All part-time and full-time RNs are eligible to participate in our 401(k) plan. Full-time RNs may also participate in medical, dental, vision, and/or supplemental insurances.