BAYADA Home Health Care is seeking a Healthcare Reimbursement Associate with 1 year of home healthcare collections experience.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a fast-growing industry? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives while you grow your career and learn the business? Then the Reimbursement Associate position might be right for you!
- Manage a dedicated accounts receivable for select payor organizations, external business or clients ensuring timely payment.
- Complete claim denial management functions to ensure timely follow-up with denied claims and complete root causes analysis to determine ways to prevent claims from denying.
- Process balance transfers, adjustment requests, refunds and corrected claims as part of accounts receivable management responsibilities.
- Apply electronic and/or manual payment entries into EMR program. Completing reconciliation tasks to ensure proper applications.
- Complete administrative appeals and escalation of claim issues with payor organizations.
- Communication of accounts receivable status with internal customers within service office locations providing status updates with outstanding A/R, bad debt risk and requests needed to secure payment from a client or payor organization.
- Coordinate requests for additional data or workflow between internal revenue cycle departments to allow for claim payment.
- Communicate and escalate accounts receivable trends with immediate supervisor, director and management teams to ensure timely and compliant payment for services.
- Review, document and communicate any claim processing or related changes initiated by payor organizations.
- Work within multiple practice management systems, claim clearinghouse solutions and payor websites to conduct research and complete necessary workflow.
- Ability to met/exceed established performance goals
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Degree preferred (combination of education and experience may be used in lieu of degree)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with billing/collections.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated record of strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated record of goal achievement.
- Prior health care and home care experience is a plus.
- Competence in basic PC skills required to perform job functions.
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to sex, race, color, age, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, military status, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with federal, state and local laws. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.