Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As a key member of Amwell’s affiliate medical group, Amwell Medical Group (AMG), the Medical Continuity Programs Nurse supports the delivery of high-quality clinical care in specific longitudinal programs leveraging the power of a digital telehealth platform. Today these programs include virtual primary care and a medication-assisted weight loss program based on the Mayo Clinic Diet*.
AMG will leverage the expertise of highly trained Registered Nurses to help manage a patient’s clinical needs between visits. The RN team will triage and manage out of visit, asynchronous clinical work, including initial medical triage and advice, medication counseling, lab resulting, referrals, procedure and medication prior authorizations and patient-summited form completion.
This individual will work closely with our AMG doctors, nurse practitioners, and nurses, patients, and our network operations center team
- Utilize Amwell’s technology platform to monitor and – where appropriate – respond to patient communications leveraging detailed clinical protocols and workflows. Nurses will have access to and are encouraged to engage the treating clinician where needed.
- Utilize Amwell’s technology platform to monitor lab results and follow standardized clinical protocols to ensure patient is informed of results and next steps in care
- Follow defined workflows to assist with the submission and oversight of referrals, orders, and prior authorizations
- Follow defined workflows to assist clinicians with filling out patient-submitted forms
- Provide outreach and follow-up where needed to facilitate a patient’s care. Examples include pharmacy call backs, records requests from specialists, communication with insurers and more.
- Oversee case transitions for transactions in which the nurse is engaged to ensure appropriate closure or handoff
- Multistate licensure in 25+ states preferred
- Current RN licensure in one of the RN compact states
- Eligible for credentialing with AMG
- Minimum 3 years of experience in direct or indirect patient care
- Experience and comfort using a technology platform to support clinicians and provide patient care. Flexibility with learning new technology and leveraging new tools
- Experience leveraging defined protocols and workflows to triage and manage patient clinical needs
- Strong organizational skills
The Amwell Medical Group (AMG) is a physician-owned and operated medical practice that serves the majority of Amwell’s clients. AMG is dedicated to the practice of telehealth, delivering high-quality healthcare to patients on a secure, HIPAA compliant, video-based platform. In addition to urgent care, AMG also manages a national behavioral health practice, which includes therapy and psychiatry, programs in sleep medicine and women’s health, as well as a nutrition practice staffed by registered dieticians and a breastfeeding support practice. The Amwell Medical Group practices across all 50 states – 24 hours/day, 365 days/year and has over 4400 active providers.
Hourly, Non-Exempt Roles:
The typical hourly wage range for this position is $32 – $41.50. The actual hourly wage offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. This role may also be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific wage range based on the above factors listed.