Hi from Pumpkin!
Pumpkin is a pet care company on a mission to help make ‘the best pet care possible fur all’. We want to revolutionize pet healthcare by making it easier for families to provide their pets with the wellness and medical care they need throughout their lives. Launched by Zoetis (ZTS), a Fortune 500 company that’s the world’s largest animal health company, Pumpkin is an early-stage startup with big dreams! As a pack, we share agility, guts, collaboration, and a relentless pursuit in creating a healthier, happier world for pets and their people.
Pumpkin is looking for an innovative and results-oriented Regional Sales Manager to lead and nurture a high-performing sales team of 8-12 individuals. In this role, you will be responsible for driving significant revenue growth and market expansion through developing and coaching team members, implementing effective sales strategies, and establishing and tracking high impact KPIs. Working closely with leadership, you will be an integral part of providing performance insights and connecting sales goals to strategy.
This is a remote position requiring the individual to be based in a PST, MST, or CST location with 75% field travel throughout the central and western region.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct ride-alongs with the field sales team to better understand customer needs, tailor sales approaches, and improve team dynamics.
- Achieve sales goals and objectives by developing and implementing sales strategies and tactics for team members.
- Drive team success by setting and monitoring sales activity targets, ensuring consistent achievement of quarterly individual and team objectives.
- Provide accurate and insightful reports to leadership on performance and trends by regularly monitoring sales activity results, pipelines, and forecasts.
- Mentor and coach team members to expand their capabilities (e.g. selling skills, business planning, technical knowledge, territory management, etc.) with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Support the development of a standardized business planning process across sales, delivering a dynamic rolling forecast across the team.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to set and track impactful OKRs specific to the field sales team.
- Continuously stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments, as well as competitor activity, to ensure the field sales team is well-positioned to succeed.
- Assist with occasional strategic projects as needed, such as trade shows or new program development.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in managing a field based sales team of 8+ individuals
- 3+ years of sales management experience in a fast growing organization
- Strong leadership and coaching skills to motivate and develop a team
- Experience using CRM-based tools to lead teams and track performance with data, insights, and reporting
- Adept at working in highly fluid, complex, and ever-changing environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify sales trends and areas for improvement
- Ability to pass/obtain a Property & Casualty License within 30 days
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA)
- Ability to travel up to 75% as required
- Animal Health or Veterinary Industry experience
- Previous experience with Insurtech, Healthcare or Start-up organizations
- Active Property & Casualty Producer License