If you love the buzz of providing exceptional HR support in a fast-paced, positive environment, engaging with people to enable them to achieve their career aspirations, this role could be for you!
Freedom Leisure has a strong purpose and commitment to support our local communities and hard-to-reach groups, encouraging them to become more active, enhancing their physical and mental wellbeing and contributing to improved lives. Our HR Team supports all of the services and activities we provide that have a hugely positive impact in our local communities. To achieve this we are recruiting an experienced HR Business Partner to provide HR support across Wales & North regions.
The role has a high degree of autonomy; HR support is positively welcomed by managers and highly regarded. As an integral part of the HR Team we offer a professional customer and commercially focussed generalist HR advice and support that is credible, practical and pragmatic.
As well as ER advice you will be involved in projects and initiatives, contributing ideas and implementing changes to enhance our employee’s experience. The role will allow you to have an impact on how we deliver HR services, enable you to up-skill new managers and support careers, personal development, staff benefits and inspire engagement and commitment to the purpose and objectives of the organisation.
In order to be successful in the role you will need to have excellent communication and coaching skills and be highly numerate. You should be able to focus on detail as well as look at the wider picture and align your advice to a commercial approach. We’d like someone who is able to proactively improve the HR service, be positive about change and very flexible in approach.
You should have a CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent, have extensive experience of working in a generalist HR role for a large multi-site organisation, dealing with complex casework and implementing improvements.
You will be providing HR support to over 50 sites, the majority of which will be based across Derbyshire Dales, Forest of Dean, Malvern, Stafford, Wales and Worcester, with regular face-to-face contact at the sites being an expectation.
As such the role holder is required to be a car owner with a full driving licence as you will be able to work at the sites within your region and sometimes work from home. You will be based either in Wales or areas such as Stafford, Stoke-on-Trent or Worcester in order to travel to sites supported.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Work in close partnership with Business Managers on a broad range of HR topics, giving pragmatic, timely and commercially-savvy HR advice on all matters. Assist Managers to achieve their business goals and drive performance in their Centres through the successful delivery of people initiatives
- Manage, monitor and record HR casework, providing advice and support to managers on matters relating to complex employee relations, employment law and all relevant legislation. Support and participate in grievance and disciplinary investigations and hearings as appropriate, including appeal hearings
- Take a lead role in supporting with mobilisation of new contracts and Centres from a people perspective, with a specific focus on TUPE and the transfer and integration of new staff in a compliant and best-practice manner
- Continuously review policies and procedures and implement changes as required, ensuring all legislative advice is up to date, consistent and clearly communicated
- Report on relevant HR related metrics / performance including general trending of KPIs for the business. Monitoring and advising on matters of compliance to policies such as absence triggers, DBS checks, holiday pay, etc.
- Proactively suggest and support improvements and initiatives using HR data intelligently to meet business needs in areas such as remuneration, recruitment, retention, attendance and performance management. Provide KPIs, reports, statistics and benchmarking to inform these initiatives
- Work in close collaboration with the HR Director on business-wide, future-focussed and performance-improving people initiatives. These will include (but are not limited to) topics around talent acquisition and management, succession planning, employee engagement, ED&I and ‘employee voice’
- Take the lead on specific projects, as agreed with the HR Director, on functional specialisms that will drive positive improvements in staff engagement and retention across the business
- Develop the HR service in conjunction with the HR Director to add value and improve performance across the business
We want you to love coming to work, feeling healthy, happy and valued. That’s why we’ve developed a benefits package with you in mind, so what can we offer you?
- My Staff Shop, our very own staff benefit scheme, gives employees access to a great range of benefits. Get discounts on cinema tickets, travel bookings, high street e-vouchers, gift cards, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending.
- Discounted Staff membership (including family members)
- Incremental holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 confidential, independent and professional counselling.
- Company pension
- Various insurance and saving schemes
- Financial advice
- Cycle-to-work and Car Leasing tax-efficient schemes (salaried staff only)
- All this as well as fully funded training and career progression opportunities in a team working environment
Closing date: 24th November 2023
Salary: up to £42,000 + car allowance
If you have any questions relating to this opportunity please email email@example.com.