At HashiCorp, we’re building a generation-defining infrastructure software company, powered by our core principles and a growing team of talented, committed professionals working together to help organizations seamlessly transition to and operate in the cloud. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, 85 percent of our employees work remotely, strategically distributed around the globe. From our inception we built the company with a remote-first approach because we believe talent has no boundaries.
About the role
The Regional Director of Solutions Engineering for the EMEA Emerging region will report directly to the AVP, Solutions Engineering for EMEA.
This Regional Director will build, manage, develop, and lead an organisation of Solutions (Sales) Engineers partnered with our Sales organisation and focus on HashiCorp’s most strategic accounts.
The key objective of this role is to provide both Technical and Sales Leadership to a regional team of 9+ technical individual contributors, as well as act as a pre-sales escalation for the team and engage directly in certain key commercial opportunities within the region. As with any leadership position, it is required to nurture and support team members into advancing their skill sets and career within HashiCorp in order to retain talent, as well as assist with hiring within the team and other regional teams.
This leader will also be responsible for influencing strategic decisions on sales, go to market, product management, product marketing, overall long-term corporate vision, and leadership mentoring.
- Accomplished Pre-Sales engineering leader with 5+ years of enterprise software and staff management experience.
- Technical leadership in at least one of HashiCorp influence areas (provision, secure, connect or run).
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Successful track record of defining and executing strategic and innovative projects which have had major impact on company performance
- Leadership abilities along with proven success in building, growing and managing a highly talented and motivated regional organisation
- Experienced and strong supporter of development operations methodologies
- Experience prioritising and allocating resources against an array of simultaneously-running projects, with appropriate analysis, along with bringing major new features or price points all the way from conception to market and into ongoing maintenance
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies such as cloud computing, distributed systems, and cluster management software
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including the ability to present ideas on both technical and business elements
- Engaging personal style with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a predisposition towards mentoring staff and encouraging their professional career development
- Self-directed with the ability to make strategic, complex and difficult decisions at all times
- Strong strategic thinking ability and demonstrated business acumen
- Based in either the Netherlands with the right-to-work in location
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-LH1 #LI-remote
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.