QuintoAndar was born to do something very rewarding: open doors. We opened doors for technology to be part of living. And, through it, we simplify and reduce the bureaucracy of the experience of those looking for a new home. Thus, we became the most valuable proptech in Latin America, leading the real estate market in around six countries and more than 75 cities around the globe.
The first steps in the international market have been taken since we acquired Grupo Navent, which is ranked number 1 in Mexico (Inmuebles24), Argentina (Zonaprop), Peru (Adondevivir & Urbania) and Ecuador (Plusvalia) – among others. And most recently, we launched Benvi, our international brand in Mexico, which comes with our residential rental product and service.
We offer an end-to-end ecosystem to make life easier for those looking to rent or buy a home, sell a property and unlock a transaction. Think of zero paper or bureaucracy: everything happens on a single platform, with transparency and speed alongside incredible human support.
We are currently valued at over $5.1 billion (August 2021) and continue to grow 4x year over year, breaking records.
To make all this happen, we have more than 4,000 talented people, working with cutting-edge technology and best design practices to ensure a seamless experience throughout the sales and rental process, combined with smart financial products. Here you will work with the best professionals in the market, in an environment that breathes innovation, collaboration and high performance.
To learn more about our history, visit https://quintoandar.group/en/.
About working at QuintoAndar:
- Possibility of learning;
- Opportunity to work in a team that seeks to use the best practices and tools in the market;
- Work in an informal environment with a horizontal structure;
- Being part of a team working on a high-impact project that affects the lives of thousands of people.
Location & Remote Work
Our technology team works on the “remote-first” model, which means we are working from home with the possibility of living anywhere in Brazil. We also have the option of using QuintoAndar’s offices in São Paulo and Campinas or using partner coworking spaces, both up to twice a week.
Stages of the Selection Process
Our selection process currently lasts an average of 30-40 days, from application to completion of the assessment. Going through:
- Application Screening
- Phone interview with Recruiters
- Remote Interview with Engineering Team + Reference check
About the Area:
These are the Senior Software Engineer responsibilities at QuintoAndar:
- Develop independent (micro-)services that address specific solutions;
- Responsible for the entire lifecycle of their code;
- Contribute not only with your immediate team’s challenges but with the whole procut team team – by sharing inputs/code/etc;
- Improve the development experience at QuintoAndar by enhancing development tools, test coverage, and/or code structure;
- Participate actively in discussions and decisions of software design. Building and helping to create documentations;
- Create scalable, maintainable and user driven solutions. We use several different technologies: from Java over SQL databases, to Polymer over MongoDB. We also have micro-services written in Java, Python, Node or Clojure, gorgeous PWA experiences in React, complex data flows in Datomic . You don’t need to know all these upfront, but we will give you space to learn and improve;
- Help organize software architecture to harmonically orchestrate our services architecture.
We want to have as many talented people as possible in our team. So, although this position is described as “Senior Software Engineer”, you can apply even if you don’t consider yourself as a senior professional yet. It’s important to us to create a qualified talent poll and we will definitely reach out to you if we think you can add to our teams, no matter what seniority level you are today.
What we are looking for:
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and relational databases;
- Experience using RESTful APIs;
- People that are seeking to learn and deliver real impact through high-quality data-driven and structured software, valuing work-life balance;
- Fluency in Portuguese and knowledge in English – we usually use English to write our code, documentation, tools, reference materials and eventually talk to partners and co-workers from other countries;
- Excellent english skills (verbal and written) is mandatory.
You’ll stand out if you:
- Know computer theory, including optimization of algorithms and distributed systems;
- Already developed scalable client-server mobile applications;
- Have experience with cloud service platforms and its services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc);
- Understand how modern CD/CI works;
- Have some knowledge on containers and container-orchestration (eg. Kubernetes);
- Know how to test and tune scalability;
- Understand the work is never done; we are always taking care and evolving our services.
- Competitive salary package;
- Meal allowance (“Flash benefícios”);
- Health plan;
- Dental plan (optional);
- Life insurance;
- Daycare subsidy;
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass and Totalpass).
- Extended maternity and paternity leave;
- Reserved room for breast-feeding*;
- Discount on our parking lot;*
- Language learning support;
- Free transfer from Vila Madalena and Fradique Coutinho stations to the office*;
- Free bike rack in our parking lot.*
Diversity & Inclusion at QuintoAndar
At QuintoAndar, we believe diversity of perspectives and experiences guarantee a differentiated work environment, based on respect and valuing differences. Feel free to declare the information on the registration form. If you are not comfortable answering them, just choose the option “I prefer not to respond”. This information helps us create an increasingly inclusive environment and it is used only for this purpose, it is confidential, and it will not impact your performance throughout the hiring process
All of our job positions are open to people with or without disabilities. If you are a PWD and have not found any opportunities of your interest, register your resume in our talent pool, by clicking here..
Privacy and Data Protection
In order to apply for one of our jobs roles, we will need to collect some of your personal data necessary for us to review your application and to contact you. We believe that the diversity of perspectives and experiences guarantees a differentiated work environment, based on respect and appreciation of differences. For this reason, we have several affirmative jobs, and information regarding your gender, ethnicity/race, and disability may be collected in the process.
All data processed is confidential and will be stored in a secure place for the time necessary to fulfill its purposes, with appropriate technical and administrative measures being adopted to protect your information.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the following page.