ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
This role is responsible for establishing and driving a holistic testing and quality strategy across a Product Domain within FanDuel Group. It is also to ensure that we maintain a high quality of our product for our customers by establishing, proliferating, and optimizing a range of quality and testing practices adopted by software engineering teams in the respective domain. The person in this role will be a strong technologist with experience in managing teams of quality engineers and software engineers that have the ability to influence continuous improvement in how teams test and maintain a high-quality experience for our customers.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, inside and outside of Engineering, and collaborate with leaders to gather, develop and share quality & testing narratives using appropriate insights.
- Establish appropriate agreements on quality and testing responsibilities with stakeholders at key intersections/integrations between relevant where there is a higher risk of breaking changes and impact to our customers.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within your own team and across the wider product domain. Be a mentor and role model across the product domain with respect to quality.
- Develop and set quality standards, as well as enforce technical and testing standards, working collaboratively with Engineering, Product, and Commercial. Ideally, we are building quality into our product through a range of means as opposed to simply testing post-development.
- Develop, communicate and implement a data-driven quality strategy, approach, and roadmap in partnership with relevant Product Engineering teams.
- Ensure the relevant product domain is equipped with specialist practitioners, practices, tools, and processes to ensure product or platform developments are appropriately tested to meet the highest quality standards at the appropriate cadence (typically through Continuous Delivery). This is through various practices both experiential (e.g. exploratory) and automated.
- Monitor and audit testing activity, results, escaped bugs and incidents, and post-incident reviews to help identify areas of improvement and implement steps required to improve processes.
- Help development teams adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices of the quality and testing strategy.
- Remain current on technology and trends in quality engineering.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- A strong technology background delivering or testing software as an individual contributor or manager.
- Communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated strong experience in effective test planning and execution.
- Demonstrated strong experience in delivering high-quality test infrastructure/harnesses against products or services.
- Proficiency in relevant technologies.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’ll exhibit the best behavior and exemplify our company behaviors.
- Demonstrable strong experience in testing in modern distributed systems.
- You can take on complex technical concepts and information relatively quickly in most contexts, and provide immediate advice on effective courses of action.
- You can demonstrate/illustrate an understanding of relatively advanced solution architecture including system design, data design, and data flow.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and how they are applied in software development.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.