Within3 is searching for an experienced Python Engineer to work within an agile team to implement and maintain secure, scalable, cloud-based NLP, Data processes, and Data Analytics microservices for our public and customer-specific applications. We are hiring an engineer with a solid technical foundation who is curious and compassionate. Our team sources data from a variety of systems and processes the data for use in both internal and external products.
We are a remote-first engineering team spanning multiple time zones and countries. The daily team collaboration heavily utilizes GitHub, Slack, Zoom, and Jira. Our focus is on the business needs with an eye toward data flows and integrity. We strive to provide high-quality code through practices such as TDD, pair programming, continuous delivery, scalable design, and individual knowledge growth. We maintain a commitment to balancing resources across new features, emerging technologies, and technical debt.
- Develop a deep appreciation and understanding of data, systems, and scale.
- Develop and deploy scalable and globally accessible APIs for AI and Data services being utilized by multiple products.
- Engage in fluid communication, transparency, and accountability within the engineering team and other teams in the company.
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team to deliver modern, scalable, SaaS software across multiple cloud providers (AWS and Heroku).
- Work directly with product owners to refine internal and external requirements, so we build the right solution to a problem.
- Write understandable, extensible, maintainable, and testable code.
- Be curious, empathetic, and humble.
- Engage in the continued pursuit of improved skills and knowledge.
- Engage in sharing knowledge and feedback.
- Work with cross-department SREs to contribute to the platform stability, availability, and quality.
- Other languages a plus: Ruby on Rails, NODE JS
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis, Couchbase, and graph databases
- APIs: REST or GraphQL
- New Relic
- AWS, Heroku, or similar
- CircleCI or similar CI/CD solution
- Education: Formal higher-education degrees in STEM fields or vocational certificates related to software development are preferred but not required. Real-world experience and proven track records count as much, if not more.
- 2+ years of professional programming experience with languages and frameworks such as Python, etc.
- Proficient with relational and NoSQL databases with direct experience using at least one of PostgreSQL, MySQL, Couchbase, Redis, or DynamoDB.
- Solid understanding of modern API design patterns (REST, GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Experience in Social Network Analytics, graph theory, and community models a plus
- Experience in training, implementation and deployment of analytics and ML libraries such as Pandas, NLTK, or Scikit-learn is a plus.
- Strong collaboration and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Flourishes in a team that focuses on collaborating, building each other up, and continuous learning.
- Ability to foster cross-team relationships with empathy and respect.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about data, service-oriented architectures, and scalable systems.
- Experience with SOA, job queues, concurrent programming, and observability is a plus.
- Understanding privacy-by-design frameworks and code-level security techniques is a plus.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A work/life balance beyond compare. And we mean it!