We are delighted to be recruiting a Programme Development Manager to join our Programme Development & Operations team here at Mary’s Meals International. In this impactful new role, you will have responsibility for working with and guiding the global programme development team, in strengthening our school feeding approach and driving innovation, simplicity and stewardship within our school feeding programmes.
Reporting to the Programme Development Lead and working in close collaboration across our Programme Affiliates, Programme Partners, and Programme Operations teams, you will contribute to the implementation of strategic plans, as well as the development of key policy documents, research projects, and on-going data management for programmatic excellence activities. Managing data from our programmes and working closely with Programme Operations, this work will contribute to programmatic excellence and good stewardship of our resources, as we keep our promise to every child receiving Mary’s Meals.
Key responsibilities include:
· Strengthen capacity and capability within the programme development space across our Programme Affiliates and Partners.
· Manage and coordinate relevant and timely research to respond to programme issues and opportunities.
· Identify trends, issues, and opportunities across our programmes, and propose and lead upon ways to explore, understand, document, and implement these.
· Lead and manage research work, including the analysis of findings to promote learning and continuous improvement at a global level.
· Drive simplicity and stewardship in all programme activities, supporting the evolution of our school feeding approach, including identification of good practices and innovations outside of Mary’s Meals.
· Work closely with the Programme Development Lead, to manage and support the development of key policy documents.
· Take a key role in refining the needs assessment process, including continually monitoring need, creating, and refining tools and processes and conducting specific country-level needs assessments.
· Work with the communications team, to ensure responsible knowledge transfer through to other functions of our international team, ensuring the development lens is being communicated effectively.
Our ideal candidate will bring solid experience of quantitative and qualitative research design, implementation, and analysis. Relevant experience of monitoring and evaluation is essential, and experience of working in an international development context, with remote teams, would be highly beneficial. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with experience of building strong trust-based relationships and building capacity across a broad cultural and geographical spectrum. Understanding the role of school feeding in development would be beneficial and you will demonstrate a solution focused and values driven approach to your work.
This is a global role, we are happy for you to work remotely, in a way that best supports your work life balance and there will be a requirement to travel to countries where Mary’s Meals operates, as part of your role.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2.4 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
Mary’s Meals is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work and we expect all the Mary’s Meals family to share this commitment and work in the best interest of the communities we serve. Our safe recruitment practices ensure that only those that are committed to our high standards join our movement. This role undertakes regulated work with children, and you will be required to register with the Protected Vulnerable Group Scheme or local equivalent before undertaking your role.
This is a fantastic role within our Programmes team, where your daily work has real impact, if you are looking for more from your role, then we would love to hear from you. Please click Apply to send your CV and a short covering note telling us why you would be a great Programmes Development Manager here at Mary’s Meals International.
Closing date: Friday 1st December 2023