mozilla Remote US, San Francisco Office, Remote Canada, Toronto Office, Remote Germany, Berlin Office, Remote UK Full-time 2022-07-26
The MozFest Wrangler Program Manager collaborates with leaders from across the Mozilla community to coordinate and produce the annual Mozilla Festival. This role supports Mozilla’s mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all by leading the Wrangler program for MozFest. It supports the growth of the internet health movement by providing leadership development through federated design and community organizing. The position will serve a significant bridge between the organization and its community leaders.
As a Program Manager, MozFest Wranglers at Mozilla, you will…
- Lead development of plans for Wrangler Federated design programme throughout the MozFest design and delivery process
- Coordinate and build alignment between Wrangler program and interpersonal work by bringing staff and community into the co-design process as Wranglers and/or through other modes of contribution and participation
- Develop guides and documentation for Wrangler standard processes
- Design and implement a plan to maintain Wrangler community cohesion beyond MozFest year-round
- Grow the leadership skills in the community by lifting up members through selection of Wranglers
- Develop and support wrangler mentor and alumni communities
- Act as community organizer and facilitator of the Wrangler cohort
- Review findings from annual festival to identify Wrangler needs and challenges for iteration on in future festivals
- Collaborate with the Director of MozFest and Event Manager to plan and deliver the MozFest Retreat
- Develop training plans, build materials and provide training to new & guide Wranglers
- Lead the work of the Wrangler Support Coordinator.
- Provide planning, leadership, and facilitation support across all Mozilla Festival Team and Global Programs activities to build a cohesive and accessible offering of our work.
Your Professional Profile:
- 3 years working with and coordinating communities, preferably growing communities
- Managing community relationships with a focus on maintaining and increasing momentum
- Project management with proven success managing complex, large-scale projects from concept to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record to quickly learn and apply new issue knowledge on technical topics
- Coordinating & running events online and in-person
- Designing interactive learning experiences
- Facilitating large- and small-group, in-person and virtual training
- Strong interest in co-design and sharing processes with peers and community
- Confident in ability to understand and present technical information (particularly around AI) to nontechnical audiences
- Empathic written and verbal communication style with ability to make written communications persuasive, accessible and engaging for a diverse range of audiences across traditional and social mediums
- Ability to work with multi-lingual, global audiences at a distance
- Strong interpersonal and strategic planning skills including effective prioritization and time management
- Positive attitude with the ability to see opportunities and overcome challenges
- Ready to quickly prototype activities, resources and learning materials
- Work independently in an environment that values initiative and cross-team teamwork
We Are Excited To See Any Additional Experience With:
- Mentorship or teaching experience
- Knowledge of the digital and human rights landscape online
- Experience with social media platforms, website content management systems and digital asset management
- Ability to build productive partnerships and teams inspired to take action
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary based on the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, and the mid-point, for this role is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.These four countries are where we most commonly employ staff.
- Germany: €77,973 – €95,300 (mid-point: €86,637)
- UK: £46,884 – £57,302 (mid-point: £52,093)
- Canada: $89,666 – $109,591 (mid-point: $99,629)
- US: $84,308 – $103,043 (mid-point: $93,675)
We may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary based on the local job market. This would be applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with examples of salary ranges,with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £51,103 – £62,459 (mid-point: £56,781)
- Toronto: $96,749 – $118,249 (mid-point: $107,499)
- New York: $93,412 – $114,171 (mid-point: $103,791)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Maternity and Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.