Are you looking for an opportunity to use your talents and bring to life innovative projects and mission-driven initiatives? Do you have a love of technology, food culture, and design at its core? Do you enjoy shepherding fresh thinking for projects that span the full mixed-media landscape and beyond? If working closely with a down-to-earth, wickedly talented team to operationalize the development of these projects sounds like your cup of tea, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. As we expand to new markets, while scaling responsibly, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As our Production Lead, Creative Ops, you will collaborate with the Director of Creative Operations to elevate project management operations for the Design department which encompasses Brand Marketing, Brand Design, Creative Services, Design Production and Product Design. You will lead projects across a variety of formats and functions including campaigns, branding, CRM, and content creation. You will also support departmental operations including project intake and talent casting. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams, shape the future of the ChowNow brand and champion local restaurants through creative, design, and storytelling projects.
The ideal candidate is well versed at taking disparate ideas, creative challenges and turning them into world-class executions. You are experienced at handling large ambiguous projects, complex timelines, looming deadlines, or immediate turn arounds with ease while championing team transparency and brand integrity.
This role is a remote position that reports directly to the Executive Creative Director based in one of our employee hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, Atlanta, NYC, Kansas City, or Chicago.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members’ ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
- Collaborate with Director of Creative Operations on establishing processes and workflows for the Design department
- Lead production on all communications & campaign-related initiatives, including planning & strategy, managing pipelines, defining processes, establishing success metrics, and collaborating with stakeholders
- Lead production on brand projects including brand strategy, brand identity, tone and voice, and branded content
- Support on project intake, internal resourcing, and talent sourcing
- Source, vet and own vendor relationships and workflows
- Assess and audit project management and collaboration tools that will support our team and operations as we scale
- Keep up-to-date reporting, documentation, project tracking and status
- Support the Director of Creative Ops in developing training materials, authoring and documenting departmental ways of working, and socializing plans with team and stakeholders across the organization
- Write and review SOWs, handle budgets, negotiate costs with third-party vendors, build POs, track spend, and effectively communicate to the executive level, partners, and stakeholders
WITHIN 30 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Observe a product demo with our sales team.
- Assess the Design department’s creative project process.
- Review past campaign projects, learnings and results.
- Connect with our outside vendors and contractors to establish relationships.
- Connect with key members of the company to develop a dialog and relationship.
- Shadow current team members on current projects and initiatives.
WITHIN 60 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Begin to develop the Design team’s creative production process for campaigns
- Work with partners to develop plans for current and future projects.
- Help define metrics we will use to measure the success of our projects.
- Communicate our project timelines and roadmaps with stakeholders and the broader team.
WITHIN 90 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Have established relationships with stakeholders and partners and have developed clear lines of communication.
- Develop and explore new projects and initiatives to reinforce our mission.
- Help build a streamlined community around our brand and our customers.
- Produce a couple of initial projects on the Design team’s roadmap.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
- You have 8+ years experience acting as an Integrated Creative Producer in a creative advertising agency or internal creative team.
- You have expertly led and run the development of an ever-evolving creative development and production process.
- You have experience managing projects across multiple offices, time zones, including remote staff.
- You possess a deep understanding of creative project planning and effective resource management.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the impact of production decisions on both creative output and cross-departmental stakeholders.
- You have an ability to work and think between the blue sky and practical — not only fulfilling daily needs but thinking more holistically about opportunities for efficiency within teams and projects.
- You have an established network of world-class agency partners.
- You have demonstrated experience in balancing multiple vendor relationships.
- You have demonstrated experience managing budgets, tracking spend, negotiating costs, and writing and reviewing SOWs.
- You have experience articulating creative intent to others and proactively coordinating with partners and stakeholders to bring ideas to life.
- You have executed creative ideas and communications across a variety of mediums from interactive product design, brand redesigns, digital display, print, OOH, film and video, illustration, animation, photography, email, experiential activations, and websites.
- You have an ability to adapt when adjustments are required, doing so effortlessly.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary/Compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A “Best Place to Work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote-first culture and up to $450 office equipment reimbursement to enable you to do your best work by setting up your home office.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage – we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices