InvoiceCloud, an EngageSmart solution, is a leading provider of online bill payment services. Founded in 2009, the company has grown to be one of the leading disruptors in the cloud-based electronic bill presentment and payment (EBPP) space, helping institutions put customer experience first. By switching to InvoiceCloud, clients can improve customer engagement, loyalty, and efficiency while reducing churn and missed payments in the process. With over 50 million payments processed annually, InvoiceCloud is one of the most secure, innovative, and inclusive fintech solutions in the market. To learn more, visit www.InvoiceCloud.com.
The SRE team at Invoice Cloud works across Engineering disciplines and Product Management to continually improve and support our product and services. The Product Reliability Engineering Manager is responsible for defining the functional responsibilities of the team and partnering with our Engineering and Product stakeholders to define the team’s operating model. In addition, they are responsible for defining common standards and practices as well as instilling observability-first mindset across our engineering teams. The manager will also oversee the hiring of SRE talent into the team and will work closely with the engineering and platform teams in continuously identifying key areas of focus that will have a huge impact on the resiliency, reliability, and stability of the platform. A Successful candidate should have a passion for developing engineering talent and be relentless in their pursuit of success.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with product and engineering leaders, including technical and non-technical disciplines to develop product functional and technical strategies for the line of business product portfolio, and with more experienced product leaders to drive strategic outcomes.
- Recruit and develop exceptional engineering talent.
- Influence and develop Engineering best practices that drive SRE space including observability, serviceability, and reliability standards.
- Provide oversight to software craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third-party providers.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for continuously improving software engineering practices and productivity of teams for reliability and resiliency.
- Own the service metrics for products and services and relentless pursue to the customer experience.
- Lead tactical and strategic initiatives to improve customer and employee experience.
- Assist in completing department wide quarterly and annual goals and initiatives.
- Assist in surfacing forward-thinking cutting-edge tools and services that will improve efficiency and productivity within agile team development.
Who We Seek
- 3+ years of proven success as an engineering or services leader.
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience in enterprise software development, sustaining, or services, preferably within financial services or FinTech (banking, lending, payments)
- Experience managing engineers.
- Experience in building SRE functions.
- Cloud computing experience
- Experience providing oversight to software craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of solutions developed by the teams or third-party providers.
- Strong understanding of SRE concepts and culture, with a focus on leveraging software engineering tools, methodologies, and concepts
- In-depth understanding of automation and CI/CD processes
- Ability to engage and influence more experienced product leaders, lead systems architects, and engineering managers who are either associated with the function or affected by its outcome.
- Technical experience in observability and traceability patterns and working with distributed architectures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience.
- Deep technical understanding of key cloud technologies like containerization, messaging, micro-services.
- Knowledge of automation and scripting or related infrastructure-as-code concepts with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Istio, Chef, Puppet).
- Experience working in highly regulated, security-focused environments (familiar with setting up controls and processes around HIPAA, PCI, SOC 2 or similar frameworks).
We offer a competitive benefits program including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match & employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Flexible Time Off (FTO), wellbeing days, paid holidays, and summer Fridays
- Mental health resources
- Paid parental leave & Backup Care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Invoice Cloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Invoice Cloud provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Invoice Cloud does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, employees, or any other organization location. Invoice Cloud is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.