We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The Product Acceleration team is looking for a Product & Operations Intern, who is excited about gaining hands-on experience in a fast-paced team driven by making an impact. Product Acceleration works on strategic initiatives to identity and develop untapped growth opportunities beyond the immediate scope and roadmap of 1Password. Our mandate is to accelerate the company’s objectives and growth by forging strategic partnerships and acquisitions, and by developing new products and business models.
As a Product and Operations Intern, you will work directly on both an external project to develop or grow a new line of business, and an internal project to organize and amplify the work of the Product Acceleration function. You will gain valuable experience and skills across product management, product analytics and operations, and product strategy.
We’ll help you gain valuable experience and expand your horizons in a product role, and hope that you’ll leave us with a passion for learning, some new friends, and the self-confidence to take on whatever comes next.
Remote by design. 1Password has been remote-first since our inception in 2005, meaning that we’re no stranger to building digital community and culture. With our teams fully remote and located all around the world, we stay connected through company-wide events, coffee chats, fun Slack channels, and peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly — just to name a few. Our remote environment means that you have the flexibility to make those midday workout classes, take your dog out for a walk when they need one, and run errands on your own schedule. As an intern, you can expect to set core hours with your manager, and then work when you’re at your best. We all thrive in different conditions, so we encourage you to make your workday work for you! 💙
This is a remote opportunity within Canada. This position will be for 4 months – May to August 2024.
What you can expect:
- Perform research on new markets, competitors, and trends
- Deep drive and present analyses on new product directions
- Assist in gathering new evidence of problems and solutions in the customer base and market
- Dig into data to deliver and measure impact of existing and new initiatives
- Analyze, present and implement areas of improvement in team processes
- Directly source and work with new strategic partners and make business cases
- Work closely with counterparts across product, design, marketing and engineering to deliver on projects
What we’re looking for:
- Confidence: A willingness to take on new challenges, and see them through to completion.
- Humility: You’re not afraid to ask “stupid” questions and make mistakes (as long as you learn from them).
- Curiosity: You look for better ways of doing things, even if everyone seems happy with how they are.
- Teamwork: We work together, and succeed as a team!
Bonus points for:
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of data analysis and research techniques
- A keen sense for implementing processes and driving efficiencies
- An understanding of trends that can be opportunities or threats to 1Password’s business
- Personal experience using 1Password (or other password managers)