We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Product Operations Manager will work cross functionally to facilitate product-driven go to market activity, drive the feedback loops to support continuous improvement, and be the voice of our customers and retailers.
Additionally, the role will partner in operational areas that he or she works closely with to ensure the product organization understands and supports business and customer needs across Instacart Platform.
About the job
- Establish, drive and continuously improve processes that ensure our customers, shoppers, retailers, advertisers and internal teams are informed of and well prepared for product-driven changes
- Develop operational playbooks to implement product strategy and manage complex projects through execution to excellence
- Establish and lead cross-functional Go to Market working groups responsible for bringing new products and features to market
- Develop end-to-end Go to Market project plans that take into account all relevant stakeholder groups and deliverables, and project manage executing on the plan
- Ensure functional stakeholders across the company are aligned on key objectives for product changes
- Identify and track key business metrics to measure performance related to product changes and launches
- Create feedback channels that ensure problem areas are identified during testing and launch
- Coordinate with a variety of cross-functional partners – such as Research, Operations, and Data Science – to identify and share critical customer insights specific to your product domain
- Make recommendations rooted in data to support the continuous improvement of the customer experience within your product domains
- Effectively present insights and influence outcomes with key stakeholders at all levels to support meaningful impact to Instacart’s business (e.g., Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Executives and other cross-functional teams)
- Advise product teams on feasibility of initiatives throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Be the voice of our community during product development and performance tracking
- BA/BS degree with 6+ years of operations strategy, product management, business consulting, finance, or similar analytical roles
- 4+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions with 2+ years of experience of SQL and advanced querying skills
- Previous experience working with and impacting user experience
- Power user status in Microsoft Excel/Powerpoint or Google Sheets/Slides
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Experience with and strong ability to formulate and present analyses and business cases to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.