Ad Hoc is looking for a Product Manager III to join the Federal Civilian Business Unit, State of Colorado Team. This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Federal Civilian business unit supports a wide range of customers that span the federal, commercial, and non-profit space. Our customers include the General Services Administration, Office of Personnel Management, PAN Foundation, Library of Congress, Social Security Administration, Health and Human Services and the USDA US Forest Service. We partner with these agencies to build new capabilities, deliver products, establish data as a strategic asset for informed decision-making, modernize legacy systems, and build the digital service infrastructure necessary to scale their mission impact by applying approaches proven in consumer technology.
In this role, you will serve as an emerging individual contributor within a team, expanding your leadership, guidance and mentoring skills. With the support and guidance of leadership, you will be responsible for supporting the goal of meeting scope, schedule, and delivery requirements. You will interact with stakeholders and utilize influential skills to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, while driving improvements in product management processes.
Senior Product Managers lead the delivery of new digital services. They collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to define goals, meet user needs, and work in iterative and user-centered ways. By thinking in terms of outcomes, rather than output, they help set and manage priorities given their team’s mission and vision, work with clients to define and measure success, and continually evolve solutions based on qualitative and quantitative feedback. Senior Product Managers are experienced technologists that bring deep experience delivering effective products within an agile and cross-functional environment. They are fluent in agile and human-centered methodologies and play the role of product strategist, coach, and evangelist for more product-driven ways of working within government. They may also lead and mentor other product owners depending on needs.
Primary expectations of a Product Manager III include:
- Experienced with agile methods, with the intent of supporting cross-functional workflows and the iterative delivery of products and features
- Effectively employs a consultative product approach to our clients and teams
- Works with clients to improve accessibility on an existing mobile app
- Responsible for both program tactical assignments, as well as strategic initiatives to meet delivery requirements
- Manages agile ceremonies inclusive of backlog grooming, sprint planning, and team retrospectives to support the iterative design and delivery of new products
- Effectively communicates complex technical business issues for a wide range of audiences
- Develops and maintains documentation that supports the delivery and evolution of deliverables; inclusive of product briefs, product outlines, release plans, and presentations
- Proactively identifies risks and communicates to leadership; provides recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- This project includes end-to-end accessibility remediation for the myColorado mobile app, from the landing page as the user opens the app, to every workflow available within the mobile app; every workflow should be remediated, including workflow for guests who click “skip for now” and users that actually create an account.-experience with mobile apps is REQUIRED
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Degree Requirement: HS Diploma or equivalent
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $X – $X and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/
Job Reference 2237