This is a fully remote position.
Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
What matters most
Ad Hoc operates according to our commitment to inclusivity, acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We believe in missions larger than our individual selves and leave our egos at the door, learn from our mistakes, and iterate in order to better serve the people in our country. We prioritize building teams that represent the diversity of the people our government serves. We love the challenge of government-size projects. We want to bring skills to federal agencies, help them better meet the needs of their users, and close the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide distributed team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to be thoughtful and intentional about creating diverse teams and supporting them with a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from bird watching to space nerds to parenting) our culture embraces the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s embraced.
The selected candidate will exhibit influential skills to drive improvements in data engineering processes and practices; and they will exhibit a comprehensive understanding of the business, the practices, as well as customer’s needs. Build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data analysts to interpret. Make data accessible so that VA leaders can use it to understand, evaluate, and optimize Veteran experiences.
The Federal Health business unit covers our work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including HealthCare.gov, Medicare.gov, and the Blue Button API. Our team supports Federal Heath in building and improving online public experiences and APIs that are reliable, accessible, and user-centered. We help millions of people enroll in healthcare and access Medicare and Medicaid benefits, and we help Federal Health improve the quality of Medicare and Medicaid services for beneficiaries and clinicians.
In this role, you will serve as an individual contributor within a team; with the support and guidance of leadership, you will be responsible for supporting the goal of meeting scope, schedule and delivery requirements. You will begin to develop an awareness and understanding of the program’s product management strategy, as well as interact with stakeholders. Primary expectations for a Product Manager II include:
- Focused on program tactical assignments, but may support more strategic initiatives in support of meeting defined milestones
- Experienced with agile methods, with the intent of supporting cross-functional workflows and the iterative delivery of products and features
- Works in conjunction with product leadership to help the client/product owner shape the vision and strategy for a product or program and adopt iterative and outcome-driven processes
- Participates in the strategy process, serving as an active contributor in strategy development and implementation
- Supports trainings and activities, inclusive of “product strategy workshops”, and develops processes, inclusive of lean/UX workflows, that enable effective cross-functional teams
- Serves as a mentor to junior level team members; with a focus in supporting product management and cross-collaboration skills
- Works with stakeholders to define key performance indicators and tracks and communicates accordingly
- Actively participates in agile ceremonies, inclusive of daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning and team retrospectives
- Ability to build consensus and support product leadership in development and deployment
- Begins to exhibit a strategic mindset and vision and communicates recommendations to program and product leadership
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience
- Experience with APIs and platforms (use or development)
- Maturing products that have been proven as a concept, built for software developers
- Digital, APIs or any platform experience.
- Stakeholder Management Experience
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $83,000-100,000and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
job reference: 2236