This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The CMS business unit covers our work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including HealthCare.gov, Medicare.gov, and the Blue Button API. Our team supports CMS in building and improving online public experiences and APIs that are reliable, accessible, and user-centered. We are deeply embedded within CMS, partnering agency-wide to include with the Office of Communications, Office of Enterprise Data and Analytics, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation. Our work includes helping millions of people enroll in healthcare and access Medicare and Medicaid benefits, as well as helping CMS improve the quality of Medicare and Medicaid services for beneficiaries and clinicians.
Our Product Managers work closely with partners and cross-functional teams to build the right things, in the right way at all stages of the product life cycle. Product managers help define business goals, identify opportunities, develop roadmaps, and manage the iterative delivery of new features and products. They are skilled at working with stakeholders to shape solutions and leverage agile/lean principles to ensure that what is delivered is both desirable to end users and reliable at scale.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
What You'll Do
- Draw on best practices in product management, agile software development, and human centered design to deliver new digital services that meet the public’s expectations of a 21st century government.
- Support a cross-functional team by developing shared processes and documentation that enables product, research, and engineering to work towards shared outcomes from ideation through delivery.
- Work with clients to set goals, define related outcomes and key performance indicators (KPIs) and manage priorities against a product roadmap.
What You'll Bring
- At least 5 years experience serving as a Product Manager of a cross-functional team, ideally within an agile environment.
- Experience shipping consumer-facing features or products.
- Skilled at breaking down problems, building consensus, and setting direction in the face of uncertainty.
- Proven ability translating qualitative and quantitative feedback into product requirements and actionable insights.
- Experienced at managing priorities and tradeoffs to deliver the highest value solutions for clients and end users.
- Superior product judgement – understands when to pivot and how to experiment in order to reduce uncertainty and inform next steps.
- Strong written and verbal communicator; can build trust with partners and influence decision-making towards the highest value outcomes.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Degree engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- Years of Experience: 5
- Substitutions: Additional 8 years of experience if the candidate does not have the degree (Total of 13 years experience)
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $101,570 – $136,994 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.