At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
As a Product Manager at Cloudflare, you are responsible for building products that improve the way that the Internet works. Product Managers at Cloudflare sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
About The Team
The Content Delivery group aims to help make the Internet faster, safer and more secure through building and optimizing one of the world’s largest CDNs in addition to driving adoption of new standards. This involves feature implementation, optimization, debugging, working with responsible teams and engineers, documentation and tooling to enable others.
What You’ll Do
This is a pivotal role at Cloudflare. As such, the successful candidate will need excellent communication, planning and documentation skills, along with a very strong grasp of software architecture and layer 7 technologies, and also excellent business acumen.
As the Cache Product Manager you will be responsible for one of the most critical parts of Cloudflare, from both a business and technological perspective, our Content Delivery Network (CDN). We have infrastructure in 300 cities globally, serving traffic for some of the world's biggest and most well-known brands. At the heart of it all is our CDN, where we process an average of 44M requests per second and store files and assets retrieved from customer origins to ensure faster delivery time to end users whilst reducing egress traffic.
Successful candidates will be responsible for driving the continuous improvement of the CDN through innovative and new products and features, working with engineering to serve customer traffic faster than before. A strong technical understanding and confidence discussing low-level ideas with our engineering organization is a must.
You will also have a strong business acumen. CDN is one of our biggest revenue generators, and you need to be comfortable in financial situations such as in competitive situations, where you will work closely with our sales team to drive deals to a win.
This is a tremendous opportunity to make a big difference in a rapidly growing company.
As a member of the growing team of product managers your responsibilities will include:
- Own the product vision for your area. Ensure that it aligns with the overall product and company vision.
- Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers. Build intimate, personal customer relationships. Bring the customer's voice into the creation process.
- Manage the roadmap. Make tough tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Author use cases and prioritize requirements. Translate market observations and customer feedback into a prioritized product backlog. Author use cases based on specific real-world product applications and extrapolate detailed product requirements for the scenarios.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Measure success. Own the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills and are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details. You have several years of experience working with enterprise, SaaS, or security technologies. You have a passion for building SaaS products and want to solve the problems of performance, security, and reliability of the Internet.
- Minimum 5 years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products
- Experience presenting new products and features to customers. You are enthusiastic about taking something you have helped build and sharing it with the world
- Experience driving revenue, with a demonstrable track record of business impact
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view
- Deep knowledge of web servers (we are currently using NGINX) and web protocols.
- Domain expertise (e.g. as a practitioner or technology provider) in several of: HTTP content delivery, network performance, application performance, browser technologies and Internet security
- Exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Must be able to define and manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- Experience balancing execution, agility, and culture at a fast growing business.
- Very strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications. You preferably run your own websites and are comfortable working at the terminal level to test products.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to all audiences
- BS/MS in a technology- or business-related field
- Deep knowledge of Content Delivery Networks and caching strategies.
- Deep knowledge of web security issues and industry standards
- Knowledge of working with distributed systems
- Experience in building, configuring or using cloud based networking products
- A solid understanding of RESTful API design & documentation
- Hands-on experience with command-line tools used for interacting with APIs, debugging and testing (e.g. curl, dig, etc.)
- Scripting/programming experience (Python, Go, etc.) and/or experience with web frameworks
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $170,000 – $208,000
- For New York City, Washington, and California (excluding Bay Area) based hires: Estimated annual salary of $192,000 – $234,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $202,000 – $246,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.