DomainTools creates enterprise-grade cybersecurity products used by Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and cybersecurity vendors globally. We focus on supporting Internet safety through our ongoing work in infrastructure mapping and threat identification, driving cybersecurity forward while striving to make the Internet a better place. DomainTools is looking for a Sr. Product Manager, Data Products to join its Product team. Data is the backbone of our products, and this role will be responsible for growing and refining the data products that drive our threat intelligence solutions. This is a strategic role for the company that has a high impact on the company’s success, and has a great deal of visibility both inside and outside the company. The ideal candidate is a strong leader and successful product manager with experience in delivering products based on data gathering and big-data analysis, as well as a track record of delivering innovative products that derive new insights through data enrichment. If you want to make a big impact in a fun, established company with a startup-like environment, and if you love data and have strong product management skills, DomainTools is the place to be!
We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems in ways that our customers love, yet work for the business. Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, generally composed of a product manager, a technical manager, several engineers and shared services to support aspects like technical documentation and QA.
We staff our product teams with the skills necessary to come up with effective solutions that are are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement). Our engineers are accountable for ensuring the solution is feasible and the product manager is accountable for ensuring the solution is valuable, viable and usable.
This means the product manager must contribute to her/his product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business – constraints from marketing, sales, service, finance, legal and privacy are typical examples. Because of the focus on data, tight collaboration with our architecture and research teams is also a key part of the role. The product manager must also contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of our users and customers, and an understanding of the platforms that our customers use to engage with our products. Finally the product manager is expected to track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to their product.
While each member of the product team may be accountable for a specific area, we look for product managers that understand that consistent innovation is the result of each member of the product team contributing their passion and their ideas. The product manager must collaborate closely with engineering, marketing, sales and solutions engineering teams to deliver world-class solutions to market.
While we empower our product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for product managers that are not afraid of signing up for results, even when this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results.
This job, as with the other roles on the product team, is an individual contributor role. You will need to be able to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
Base Compensation: $140,000-$155,000
Location: Remote – US
- Minimum 5 years in cybersecurity or data-related product management, delivering data-driven analytics and products
- Agile (kanban/scrum) development experience as Product Owner
- Demonstrated expertise in supporting projects involving RESTful APIs, data collection and dissemination, data architecture, systems, and requirements design, including data lake implementation
- Experience working with threat intelligence products, threat feeds and related technologies
- Leadership experience on products leveraging data warehousing, data science, and Big Data technologies
- Experience working with engineering, QA, research and development, product marketing, sales, support, and customer success teams
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third party organizations
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Willingness to accommodate core hours that overlap at least 9am-3pm US Pacific time
- Experience in cybersecurity investigations, threat defense, incident response, or related activities
- Experience with machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Familiarity with Whois, DNS (including passive DNS), TLS/SSL certificates, BGP, web crawl data – their collection and use
- Experience with real-time data-oriented products or services
- Experience with predictive analytics and machine-learning-based products and services
- Solid understanding of the security market and modern security architectures
- Experience with cloud hybrid data strategies, AWS preferred
DomainTools is the global leader for internet intelligence and the first place security practitioners go when they need to know. The world’s most advanced security teams use our solutions to identify external risks, investigate threats, and proactively protect their organizations in a constantly evolving threat landscape. DomainTools constantly monitors the Internet and brings together the most comprehensive and trusted domain, website and DNS data to provide immediate context and machine-learning driven risk analytics delivered in near real-time.
DomainTools offers a comprehensive benefits package to our employees that includes fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance premiums, a 401k retirement plan with company matching, basic life insurance, flexible PTO and additional well-being benefits.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.