Sprout Social is looking to hire a Product Manager to the Product team.
Why join Sprout’s Product team?
Sprout believes the best product experiences come from empowered product development teams that develop expertise in their domain and empathize with customer challenges. What’s unique about our product org is that it consists of cross-functional teams we call “squads,” inclusive of product managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers. There are no middle layers and you get to create, iterate and ship our product together as one, autonomous team. As a part of one of these teams, you’ll get to own your roadmap and help make an industry-leading product that delivers on your vision for our customers. If you value research, great UX design, fast execution, constant shipping and a true customer-centric approach, our Product org just might be the place to accelerate your career.
What you’ll do
- As a Product Manager at Sprout Social, you will develop a deep understanding of Sprout’s product. You’ll be responsible for defining and driving the product vision, strategy and plan differentiation that enables the best Social Media Management experiences tailored for our customers.
- You will be a leader on a team of designers and engineers gathering customer insights and shipping solutions that make our customer’s work lives better and help them get better results.
- You’ll also be thinking about how to measure the impact of your work and adjusting your plan based on what you’ve learned.
- You’ll be sharing your team’s plans, work-in-progress, and results with other product teams, marketing, sales, finance, success and any other partners vital to your team’s success.
What you’ll bring
This is a great opportunity to take your past experiences with product strategy, project management, and cross-functional collaboration, and blend them into a high-impact role for an award-winning product. As a product-led company, it’s critical that we have the best Product Managers on our team. This position will fit within our Analytics product area, focused on enabling our users to tell powerful stories with their social data. If you’re an experienced Product Manager, we’d love to talk with you!
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 2+ years of Product Management experience.
- Experience building and launching products.
- Experience driving product, strategy, and design discussions.
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Experience with creating product roadmaps and working with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Experience articulating the desired outcomes and working collaboratively to create a path to achieve them.
- Comfortable using customer, product, and market data to influence strategic decisions.
- Experience building and launching data-powered and API-enabled features.
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Product to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Start building relationships with engineers and designers in your product team (we call them “squads”) as well as across the broader Product Management team.
- Try using the Sprout product yourself—to see it the way a customer does.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Lead day-to-day product execution for your team delivering value to customers every 2 weeks. You’ll identify project goals, write user stories, and organize releases.
- Understand the engineering behind the Sprout product well enough that you can predict some product trade-offs and ask your team productive questions.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Begin analyzing our qualitative and quantitative research to start forming hypotheses about how our product can better fit our customers’ lives.
- Facilitate quarterly roadmap planning for your team and represent the plan to the rest of Sprout’s product teams, including executive leadership.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- See a high impact project through from start-to-finish. You’ll assume ownership for results of your team’s product releases and how you learn from them.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Start developing a deep understanding of data. Begin efficiently accessing and analyzing the data needed using Redshift, SQL, Tableau, and other similar analytics tools
- Begin owning your squad’s performance against KPIs
- Build on your developing customer/industry expertise and take firm ownership of your team’s strategy. You will likely start identifying opportunities and generating hypotheses that a product manager from another team would not.
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader PM organization — including things we maybe haven’t even anticipated yet!
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
The base pay range for this role is $106,000 to $158,000 USD annually. Individual base pay is based on various factors, including relevant experience and skills, the responsibility of the role, and job duties/requirements. In addition to base pay, some Sales and Success roles can earn sales incentives.
Sprout’s compensation ranges are intentionally broad to allow for our team members' growth within their role. These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach; we used data from trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
Base pay is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity– race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our latest DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.