WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager for our DevOps team. The DevOps team builds automation, adds infrastructure reliability, and enables our engineering team to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, and highly available way. Braze operates at a massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month and sending billions of messages to end-users daily.
As the first product manager for the team, you will work closely with our Senior Director of DevOps to help devise the roadmap, execute on initiatives, and coordinate launch and communication of new features. You’ll focus on the following functional areas:
- DATA OPERATIONS: As a member of the Data Operations team, you will be directly responsible for our large scale ElasticSearch deployment (hundreds of nodes), Kafka, and the databases that support all of our services. We are seeking a strong operations owner who understands that minor tweaks at this scale have a massive impact on the reliability and performance services as well as automating deployments and maintenance is a key ingredient of running data platforms at scale.
- AUTOMATION & TOOLING: As a member of the Automation & Tooling team, you will be responsible for implementing or building tooling and services that will enable us to continue to scale our operations. You will play a key part in taking the pain out of running operations and will help to improve the day to day workflow of Braze’s engineering teams.
- CLOUD OPERATIONS: As a member of the Cloud Operations team, you will be managing and governing bleeding-edge cloud infrastructure that supports high volume and high scale applications.
- CLOUD SERVICES: As a member of the Cloud Services team, you will be working cross-functionally with engineering, growth, and a variety of other departments within the organization to utilize services that we offer, in a way that works best for them and provides the most value. Employing best practices and monitoring will act as part of your day to day as everything that we do is operating in a governed way.
Candidates with a wide range of seniority will be considered, with commensurate adjustments to title and scope of responsibilities.
- Work with technical leadership to define the product roadmap for DevOps at Braze – analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product.
- Partner with DevOps engineering to execute on this roadmap in a lean, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Marketers, and counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building excellent products.
- Establish and manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Deeply understand our technology, business, customers, and market.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- At least 5+ years of experience as a builder. These 5 years can be split between time spent in Product Management and Engineering roles.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills.
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved.
- Strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems work, and perhaps have experience developing themselves.
- An eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience working at high-growth, high-scale technology startups.
- SaaS experience, particularly in the Enterprise.
- Experience as a DevOps, Site Reliability, or Infrastructure Engineer, particularly at the Senior level or higher.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.