Please, send your application in English!
We are looking for an ambitious mid-level Product Designer to support our cross-functional teams on the Rider domain, focusing on delivering future mobility to the cities by unlocking our services for as many users as possible. In this role you will participate in centrally owning the user experience for riders.
The role sits at the intersection of Product, Marketing, Tech, UX Research and Data within cross-functional teams which are exploring opportunities to grow our user base and revenue across our product and services – while the challenge is to identify the ideas with the highest impact and turn them into a world class user experience that grow the business.
You don't have to master the tasks as a lone wolf because all product designers are united in the UX Guild together with UX Research and UX Content. The guild contains nice and open-minded people with different backgrounds, focuses, strengths and experience levels – so you will always find help and have people with even more experience to learn from and adopt things from.
We are looking for a pragmatic and obstinate Product Designer with a strong bias for action, the love for users and enthusiasm about data. Someone who comes with a well-developed foundation on tools and skills and a passion for iterating on ideas and designs!
Your work includes strong collaboration with other Product Designers, UX Research and UX Content, as well as providing feedback and offering help through different rituals and formats. It further includes mentoring other designers and guiding teams in solving challenging and stimulating design problems, and upleveling and evolving our culture and processes in an environment that values and understands good design.
Location: You can join us either in one of our offices in Hamburg, Berlin or Barcelona or 100% remotely in one of the 11 countries where we have a legal entity**
- Representing UX subject matter expertise within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Leading in close collaboration with Product Managers and other stakeholders the discovery, conception, design and development process to bring great ideas to life.
- Championing experimentation. This will be a big chunk of your day-to-day life, which means you will be assisting Product Managers with defining problem spaces, crafting hypotheses, designing experiments and interpreting results.
- Translating complex requirements into conceptual designs and user journeys to solve usability issues and serve customer needs.
- Using experiments, research, data and feedback from other designers to challenge and validate design decisions in an ongoing development process that strives to always improve the customer experience.
- Providing high fidelity and production-ready design assets.
- Critiquing and supporting fellow designers so they can do their best work.
- Stewarding quality and consistency.
- Work experience: You have a minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience as a UX or Product Designer, preferably in a tech product company or startup.
- UX/UI skills: You own the aptitude for user experience and interfaces and have a good understanding for what makes a good customer experience and a supportive interface design.
- Communication skills: You can clearly articulate your design ideas through verbal and written explanation, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups, from designers to the leadership team.
- Creative streak: You bring advanced experience in facilitating brainstorming and product discovery sessions and getting consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
- Rapid methods: You have the ability to convert ideas into design artifacts.
- Cross-platform design: You have experience in designing for iOS and Android products, ideally desktop applications as well.
- Growth environment: Ideally you have some experience in working in a growth, fast paced environment, product onboarding or buying experience within or between cross-functional teams.
- Working with data: You have some experience in working with data and understand how to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions, and understand the values and shortcomings of each.
- Break the silos: You are able and always willing to make your work and progress transparent and visible to relevant others within the organisation.
** legal entities: France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Italy, England, Ireland, Poland, Romania & Greece
Diversity and inclusion:
At FREE NOW, we commit to being an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We celebrate diversity and have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Together with passionate, creative and collaborative colleagues, we are following our purpose of making mobility available for everyone.
Move like you
At FREE NOW we have colleagues from over 70 nations! We value open communication and welcome everyone as they are. We are all one team and follow the same goals – that’s why we share our insights and results to get on track together every month.
Your wellness and work-life balance matters to us. We offer trust-based and flexible working hours as well as the option to work from home. In the office, you can enjoy our free drinks and daily fresh fruit. Do you like to be active? Take part in our subsidised gym membership. Bigger plans? Take a sabbatical leave and get out there!
Let’s grow together! We believe in a transparent career growth plan, quarterly development sessions with your team lead as well as regular 1:1s to help you thrive! For your own ideas, you’re welcome to set up initiatives and projects.
Need a lift? We offer Udemy e-learning platform, subsidised language classes, internal peer-to-peer trainings and more to support your learning & development opportunities.
More Benefits? 👏 Monthly mobility budget for FREE NOW rides, quarterly team events, company-wide onboarding days at our HQ in Hamburg, relocation assistance for internationals, birthday-off, kudos and many more!
About FREE NOW:
FREE NOW is Europe’s leading multi-mobility platform backed by BMW Group and Daimler AG. Next to ride hailing, FREE NOW also offers micro-mobility services such as e-scooters, e-bikes, e-vespas as well as car sharing. It consists of the services FREE NOW (10 European markets) and Βeat (5 Latin American and 1 European market). Summed up, those services currently attract 50 million users in 16 markets and more than 150 cities. FREE NOW is therefore the biggest multi-service mobility provider in Europe and the fastest-growing ride-hailer in Latin America. FREE NOW works with various third party providers to offer their customers an even wider range of options to get from A to B. In total, around 1,900 employees in around 35 offices work for the services of FREE NOW, which is led by CEO Thomas Zimmermann.