As a Product Designer, you will be a key contributor to the growth, innovation, and continued improvement of Scott’s Cheap Flights. You will be collaborating with a lean team to design products that inspire our customers.
In the short term, you will
- Become familiar with our design systems, style & design process
- Contribute to designs & design reviews
- Participate in Continuous Discovery Habits; leading discovery & interviews with members to understand pains, gains & jobs to be done
- Build and test prototypes to validate understanding of problem & potential solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional project team groups to support the design & creation of new products and features
In the long term, you will
- Be an expert on our members and translate their wants and needs into meaningful products and experiences
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to deliver high-quality products, features and experiences to our members
- Own portions of the user journey across all Scott’s Cheap Flights touch points, including web, mobile, email, social, etc. and ensure they function well on their own, and as a whole
- Serve as an advocate for design best practices across the team and company
What you bring to the table
- Hands on experience within consumer product design experience at an early stage startup (bonus for subscription, SaaS or e-commerce)
- Experience designing across web, email and mobile apps
- Hands on experience building & testing clickable prototypes
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and intense curiosity
- Clear and earnest written and verbal communication skills
- High standards for yourself and the designs you create
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re legally authorized to work in the United States and able to work US-hours.
Tools we use
- Figma is our primary design and prototyping tool
- Notion for documentation, collaboration and project management
- Google Analytics and Preset for analytics
- Fullstory for anonymized session recordings
- Miro & Figjam for brainstorming cross-functionally
- User Interviews, Lookback.io, Typeform & Momentive (SurveyMonkey), usertesting.com for User Research
Who you’ll work with
- You’ll report to Rachel Smith.
- You’ll be on a team with Zainab Lodi & Pratika Appaiah.
- You’ll be in a squad with Ben Mier, Phillip Gray, and a soon to be announced new Product Manager. 🙂
Why you might love working here
- The compensation for this role will either be $108,665 or $122,549, depending on your experience level.
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ’s to the office!
- $500/Quarter Remote Work Stipend
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- No Meeting/Flex Fridays
- Meetup stipend when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (In March, we went to Charleston. In September, we’re heading to Zion National Park!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day